The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

None of my Webmerge links work

metoo

affiliate
After a week of tinkering, I finally got my 3 tier website to create the pages I need. But I'm running in to one MAJOR problem. None of the links work. I have a Buy Now link which is populated by the BUYURL field - but nothing happens when you click on it. It appears fine in the html that webmerge creates, it just doesn't work even when live on the server - it jumps over and goes back but nothing happens - you don't leave the page.

Also, none of the pages connect to each other. I thought Webmerge was supposed to do that automatically (seems kind of dumb you'd have to manually link up hundreds of pages?!). But like the buy now link - nothing happens. These do look weird in the html. For example, on the index page I have a list of categories. The category list LOOKS like links, but in the html they look like this <a href="../detail/44161.html">Category Name</a> so they are instead going to ONE detail page instead of the next index page that lists all the products in that category. Plus the link also doesn't go anywhere if you click on it - not even to the detail page it references.

I have tried turning write URLs as links on and off with no change. I've messed with the template and see nothing wrong (it's a very simple template with JUST these tags in it). So I'm at a loss as to why 1) Webmerge isn't linking the files to each other and 2) the links it creates aren't working. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! (using Webmerge 2.6.1 and a CJ database). Thanks.

Not sure how I missed this post last time I logged in, but it's difficult to diagnose at the moment with the information available. If you'll kind email me a Zip archive containing your WebMerge settings file and templates, I suspect I'll be able to figure out what's happening with that easily. Please send those to support@fourthworld.com. Thanks.

MI
Back