The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Nofollow can be bad for your site

Travelloger

affiliate
A lot of people use nofollow to cut down on Spam and avoid linking out to bad neighbourhoods. While this is a good idea for big and trusted sites it's a terrible idea for average joe's forum or blog. The correct way to run a startup blog or forum is to allow comments and signatures but to moderate them and to have warnings for spammers. Quality reviewing outbound links will improve your link profile as recently stated by google. Outbound links to quality and relevant sites help your search engine rankings.

Having quality comments that are dofollow is better than having no comments or poor comments that are nofollow. Not to mention you will have return visitors who may provide useful information on your site (and click on your ads).

I dont like the idea of messing around with how the internet works - dictating who can or can't link to what. I'm not messing with my links - I dont see the point!

Site getting good traffic

If a site getting good traffic and related to your theme, then I think there is no harm in going for no follow link there.

Hello,

The "no follow" fact i see it a little bit different. If someone is clever enough to know how to use this in his own advantage it could be a benefit for your website.

In one of my blogs (healthy diet programs) I use the no follow attibute for all the new users or first post of the users. If the users are returning and made minimum 5-10 posts (quality posts) this "no follow" attribute will be lift off and the link will be follow from that moment on.

So this has been a great succes in my blog having in mind that even I have had 500 uniques/day hardly arrive 1-2 comments. When I started this "no follow" policy the number of comments has grown.

I forgot to mention that i use as a platform Wordpress and in order to manage the no follow links i use the "NoFollow Free" plugin.

This is a great idea. Not all new users are spammers or just want to get link from your site. Well, if you really have an interesting article, visitors might really want to follow your postings.

Nofollow links will only not pass link juice to the link in question but its grea for human traffic. Outbound links to a a relate site can help the site ranking and encourage readers!

Nofollowed links don't count as backlinks for the purposes of page rank calculation. That's the whole point. Google drops them from the link graph.

You'll still see them reported as backlinks - on Yahoo Site Explorer and Google Webmaster Tools, etc, but they are not contributing to your ranking.

Getting link is part of SEO but our ultimate goal is traffic. So if we can get relevant traffic to your site then its not needed to think is it nofollow or dofollow

Getting link is part of SEO but our ultimate goal is traffic. So if we can get relevant traffic to your site then its not needed to think is it nofollow or dofollow

right. it does not matter if the backlink is nofollow as long as it can provide good traffic to your site

NoFollow is the best way to protect your own PR and give you luxury to link out websites that you think potential for your visitors without a fear of loosing your own PR.

Using nofollow attributes might be a good choice for time saving purposes. :)
But nofollowing the outbound links to high PR sites might really hurt your own.

banners
Back