The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

No traffic, I mean 0

M

Mduck328

Hello,

My name is Marty and this is my first post to this forum. I have tried posting at other forums, but I am yet to receive anything but vague answers. I created my first website about a month ago. {reference to site removed} {reference to site removed} I am able to write original, useful content (at least i think it is). Since launching the site, I have referenced it a few times in the 2p2 forums and a few people clicked through. The problems is that this is my only traffic at all. I would not be so concerned if I were getting minor traffic, but Im getting 0 day after 0 day. I understand that I picked a very saturated market, but this is what I am most knowledgable about. {reference to site removed} If anyone would be willing to take a quick glance at it and tell me if I am doing something majorly wrong I would appreciate it greatly. My main concerns are:

Is it normal to have 0 traffic weeks after the first month or so of the site?

Should I have a section on my site for recipricol links, I noticed all the other major sites in my niche dont have one?

Should I pay for links? Once again, I noticed in my research that one of the main sites in my niche has alot of paid links.

Should I direct my future efforts toward creating more content, creating more links, or getting traffic from other places like forums? (or a mixture of)

I know that is alot to ask in my first post, but I am LOST. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, especially for a niche site in a saturated niche.

Should I have a section on my site for recipricol links, I noticed all the other major sites in my niche dont have one?

No. First, because requiring links to be reciprocated is outside Google's guidelines, and second because it will flag your site as operating outside those guidelines.

Should I pay for links? Once again, I noticed in my research that one of the main sites in my niche has alot of paid links.

No. Again, outside Google;s guidelines and could well get you penalized.

Should I direct my future efforts toward creating more content, creating more links, or getting traffic from other places like forums? (or a mixture of)

All three but the first two are the most important for a new site.

Yes, it is rather normal, but does you create a new domain? If yes your site can be in Google sandbox, so it is hard for you because you will stay here for about 5 month.

If the answer is NO then you should wait and continue working under your site's approving.

If you don't pay for backlinks, you might want to produce them organically to boost up your traffic rate. Quality content is one thing, but it'll take a lot of quality content and quite a bit of time if you want to get organic traffic with no backlinks to help.

There are several factors that can make you not to receive any traffic to your site.

1. Not promoting it in the appropriate place where there is plenty of traffic. Pick a few high ranking forums related to your niche and start posting them with your site in the signature area. Write articles and get them on high traffic article directories like ezinearticles, articlesbase, ideamarketers and the rest. Create a blog for your site if your site is not a blog or doesn't have a blog. Optimize your blog for the search engine as well.

2. How are you tracking your site visitors? I recommend using statcounter and google analytic all for free.

Bless you.

John

I recommend that you put up more high quality content with good LSI keyword structure. Also build backlinks via articles, video description boxes, blog comment, guest blog posting, etc.

have you tried to use xml feeds to drive more traffic to your website? that's how i started getting more traffic... here are some companies i would recommend i use them and like them: 7search, miva, plexious, affinity...

Get up a sufficient amount of quality content, and then pump up the backlinks as much as possible. Things like business directories are good for getting backlinks, but generate little (if any) actual traffic. I've found that having an actual offer that surfers find attractive, and then promoting it in the proper niche forums can drive a ton of traffic. If you have satisfied visitors, they'll be doing some of the organic backlinking for you.

did you optimize your site for search engines? did you create backlinks to your site? did you do any keyword research?

before creating a new website, in order to make some money out of it, you should know all these things if you want to succeed. this is what i did on my first "internet money experience"... and man i got so angry and frustrated about this.

but then i started to learn all these techniques for getting traffic to your website, and do proper seo.

do you want to know how much time i`ve spend learning this so i could be able to create a successful income from internet? about 1 year.

don`t be frustrated with this. this is normal to happen when you`re a newbie. just do a little research first, learn the basics in internet marketing, and create your way into this.

"No. First, because requiring links to be reciprocated is outside Google's guidelines, and second because it will flag your site as operating outside those guidelines."

WHO SAYS? i know that when i first started out that this is how I got traffic. It is also stable until the sites are broken. if you only get links from blogs and forums they can be archived and of little value. you want the full mix and google DOES NOT penalise for reciprocal trades. That is like saying two people can not like each other enough to respect their sites, as thats what PR is built on. Trust. Its only part of the campaign, but I have found it worthwhile. sometimes the links page through internal linking also gives you a bit or PR ,,, why wouldnt you?

Sounds normal to me not to have any traffic after a month of work. Keep things going, submit your links to social networks and things will start coming in slowly but surely.

"No. First, because requiring links to be reciprocated is outside Google's guidelines, and second because it will flag your site as operating outside those guidelines."

WHO SAYS? i know that when i first started out that this is how I got traffic. It is also stable until the sites are broken. if you only get links from blogs and forums they can be archived and of little value. you want the full mix and google DOES NOT penalise for reciprocal trades. That is like saying two people can not like each other enough to respect their sites, as thats what PR is built on. Trust. Its only part of the campaign, but I have found it worthwhile. sometimes the links page through internal linking also gives you a bit or PR ,,, why wouldnt you?

Reciprocal links in and of themselves is not a bad thing. As you imply, that happens organically, even among established and respected authority sites.

However, I was responding to the question about whether the thread starter should have a reciprocal links page and my answer remains the same: If you create a special page for "Links" or "Reciprocal Links", you are broadcasting the fact that you have made an arrangement with other webmasters to mutually promote those sites, and that IS outside Google's Guidelines. It falls under "artificial link building". We all know that occurs all the time but if you're going to do it don't advertise that fact to Google.

You might want to check whether your site's robot.txt is disallowing search engine crawlers from crawling your site.

The other thing to check is whether your landing page has the noindex meta tag in place.

I recommend making youtube videos of your niche and adding your keywords and a link to your site. Also optimize images if your site has some ie tags, keywords, alt= etc...

For quick traffic check out
Code:
http://Fiverr.com
and do a search. There are people on there who will post your link on there facebook and twitter accounts that have thousands of people on them.

Do you have a fanpage on facebook? again Fiverr has people who will crate you one for $5 and can drive fans to those for $5 it's an amazing place I use it a lot. Please note i'm not affiliated with them just a happy user.

banners
Back