The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Niche question?

I have 10 years in the dental industry. Used to travel the country giving seminars to Dentists about how to "Build Your Practice with High Technology" plus was in management with several top high tech Dental companies.

Are you talking about Dental products consumers would be interested in I assume? Without doing any research at all my guess is not many search for "dental products" plus you wouldnt make much selling tooth paste and stuff that people can easily buy at the grocery store.

I know LOTS of people search for a couple dental products directly,
that happen to have HIGH paying affiliate programs.

(But these products may also have high competition so check that out if you are a newbie.)

Tooth Whitening, bleaching etc.
Check those types of key words and you'll find lots of searches. There are several affiliates programs, but the best I know iof is managed by PartnerCentric - a 5 Star client.

Check out the BriteSmileAffiliate Program. It pays up to $60 per sale.

The other really good Dental affiliate program is <a href="http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/dentalplans">DentalPlans</a>.
They pay around $40 per sale depending on which program you join.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Thank you for you reply!Correct me if I'm wrong,you are telling me that this is not a good niche!Yes I mean dental products!Could you give me advice about niche,because I've read many things about choosing niche,I search for many keywords(in which I'm good)like-table tennis,air tickets,fountains,but nothing seems to good for me!If you think one of them is good,please tell me!

Thank you for you reply!Correct me if I'm wrong,you are telling me that this is not a good niche!Yes I mean dental products!Could you give me advice about niche,because I've read many things about choosing niche,I search for many keywords(in which I'm good)like-table tennis,air tickets,fountains,but nothing seems to good for me!If you think one of them is good,please tell me!
Buddy, just an advice I can give you at choosing your niche in affiliate marketing.

When you research on what affiliate programs to go for, always take into consideration the market you are targeting - as they are the ones who will make the conversion on your site. Also, always try to pick one that you you have knowledge on. Providing more than the product itself is a big plus - useful info, good advice and post sale customer support will give you more customers via referrals.

After that, it would also depend on how you market your product to the right market. This is also a factor to be greatly considered in determining your success. IMO, when you want to earn big, you should be ready to spend for it as well. ;)

I always opt for PPC to reach my target audience. Knowing how this system works would work to your advantage. Research (keywords), Selection(keywords and PPC provider), Implementation (bidding and start-up) and Analysis (which keywords worked best and cost vs. revenue).

No one can tell you the best niche for you, but I question how and why you are picking certain key words.

Take dental products for example.

Why those KW? Are they highly popular but low in competition?
Or how and why did you pick that phrase.

Do you know alot about dental products and are you interested in the topic?

Do you think there are affiliate programs with products that would be lucrative? Are there products online people can't buy in local grocery stores?
Would consumers search that term or is that term searched more by dental professionals. (Check Google - I think it's the latter, in which case it's much harder.)

Do you think it would be easy for you to generate content and write articles on the topic?

Just giving you some things to think about as you research niches, using that one phrase as an example.

Asking about a niche?

Hello!I think I've found my niche,but I don't have enough money to make good research about it!Could anybody tell me what he thinks about the niche:
dental plans??? Thank you!! :)

Hi supergo6o,

Since DentalPlans.com is one of my clients I can give you some insight.
It's a pretty competitive niche with lots of strong marketers already in it.
If you are a newbie this is not where I would start. That isn't to say you should not target it - if you have experience and are already a strong marketer it's a very good earner.

Also niche marketing is free so you don't need any money to do it.
Just read all the stickies in the niche forum for a ton of good free resources.

Researching a niche need not be expensive

You really do not need to spend money to do niche research. This is what the internet is about. You can find information, free online on almost any topic.

To do thorough niche research all you need is a lot of time, not money

I think its a good niche as there are several angles you can tackle it.
You can go for the dental patients and sell them products, or you could market to the higher end which are the dentists themselves.

Choosing keywords for a niche is really a hard work but also a very important part. I usually use SEO elite and google keyword tool to find the right keyword for me.:)

You will find that niche market research is always free. Once you determine that your niche has low competition and "may" be profitable you can then start testing out various strategies and products which is where you may need to invest some money - dont forget there are always free options at this stage aswell.

Nathan

I use different methods to find a profitable niche.

One, I have a coupon site. This requires me to join every program on every network. This gives me the opportunity find out which merchants are dogs, and which "get it"

For example, if Walmart converts on the coupon site, and the AM is approachable, responds to emails, they pay on time, no reversal issues, etc... I investigate a niche.

I go to their website, look at their left navigation bar, and try to make a niche out of one of their sub-categories.

Goes something like this:

Apparel... too broad

Women's Apparel... too broad

Women's Shoes...... too broad

Women's Sneakers...... too broad

Women's Nike Sneakers... that works! That's a small enough niche

Then you just find out if enough people actually search for the term. How many results (competition) show up in Goog

Then you keep re-doing until you find one that has enough searches and not a ton of competition.

Then you seriously look at the top 5 results in the niche you decide on, and make sure you can build a site a good as, or better, then them.

Nine times out of 10, the end niche you decide on is not even close to what you started with.

In the above example, you may find that every variation of women's footwear is either saturated with competitors, or you've niched so much (just blue sneakers for red headed women dot com) that there's not enough searches to justify a website, that you end up with something completely different...

You start out thinking your niche is going to be about some kind of women's sneaker, and it ends up being crystal bar coasters

But when the moment comes... you see 480,000 people search for crystal bar coasters every month, and the results show no competition, or badly designed websites as competition, or the only results are deep link pages on the interior of sites (rather then a site devoted exclusively to the niche), it's a Eureka moment.

If you chose this niche because you decided Wlamart proved themselves to you on another of your sites... contact the AM. They KNOW what works and what doesn't. Tell them you just did the research and want to build a site around their crystal bar coasters. They too will get excited and share iideas with you.

AMs know what works, but they can't build a site because of the conflict of interest. You may luck out and he'll say "Yes! I've always wanted to build a site for our coasters, I have a great idea... it's yours!"

Conversely, and this happened to me, they may say We're gonna be deleting the coasters from our site, as there's no markup in them, so try something else. Or... stall a few months. We don't like our current manufacturer and we'll be swapping all the coasters out soon as we find a replacement.

If you chose this niche because you decided Walmart proved themselves to you on another of your sites... contact the AM. They KNOW what works and what doesn't. Tell them you just did the research and want to build a site around their crystal bar coasters. They too will get excited and share iideas with you.

AMs know what works, but they can't build a site because of the conflict of interest. You may luck out and he'll say "Yes! I've always wanted to build a site for our coasters, I have a great idea... it's yours!"

Conversely, and this happened to me, they may say We're gonna be deleting the coasters from our site, as there's no markup in them, so try something else. Or... stall a few months. We don't like our current manufacturer and we'll be swapping all the coasters out soon as we find a replacement.

Excellent points all Billy. I especially like this last part because you NEVER KNOW unless you ask.

They could even say perfect timing we just found a great new manufacturer and we're expanding that category. None of our other affiliates are promoting it so you should be able to do well.

Hmmm, dental plans like in insurance? First, check out the competition. Then what companies would you offer? Check out if they have nice commission structures. then, the sky's the limit!

Yes, you are on the right track. Especially if you looked up a keyword estimator. that way you know what people are searching and how much of it they are searching. If its too narrow of a niche, then broaden it a bit.

Maybe like a dentistry info web site or maybe the mouth in general. As said before there are some high paying affiliates in that niche along with hair restoration

Oh Dental plans as in insurance. I thought that we were all talking about a referral website maybe some sort of site where dentists could answer questions and maybe attract a little more business.

MI
Back