The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Niche information

Greendream

affiliate
Hi All,

I think Ive found a niche subject area, thankfully it was an area that I was interested in even before I thought of affiliate marketing - the information is provided in a dictionary format and Ive compiled all the dictionaries available and built a directory of the dictionaries....approx I have 90+ dictionaries

Im building a website (yes Ive taught myself html and CSS and photoshop :eek: (and yes it did hurt at the time! :) ) ...and am presenting the information in a,b,c,d......... and under each alphabet I categorise the websites (that provide that dictionary) that begin with that letter....Ill also be providing new information (by that I mean researching the information already on the web and writing a good piece of information).

Ill also be marketing products related to the subject area

The question is this

1) do I put the alpahabets on one page
- benefits - visitors will see all the products
- disad - 1 long page

OR

2) do I put the alphabets on the different pages
in which case
a) should I put differnet products on each page or should I put the same products on each page?

3) At the moment I have 3 products, 1 will give me a somewhat decent commision - but the other cost approx 15$ and 4$
Question - is it ok to sell in small commision products (bec people are more likely to buy them) and should I focus on them get the site up and running and write loads of articles? Or should I have loads of products or should I have 2 - 3 products that pay good commission?

Please advise

ps sorry about the long email sometimes I dont make sense to myself so have tried to be clear.....

Well it's a little hard to guess without knowing more but you want quite a bit of content on home page to get a few of your best keywords on the home page and also to give visitors some idea that you have lots of what they are interested in. Then have a menu with text links that lead to all the different "alphabets" or product areas.

But if you divide the products or alphabet up per page then you can focus your keywords better for searchers and for search engines. So for instance on your D page if it was about dogs you'd have Dalmatians, Daschunds, Dobermans, etc. on one page and can optimize your KW for those breeds.

Thanks again Linda ...more pages more focused keywords..(and I would have a alphabetic menu) now lets say Im building a directory of Spanish dictionaries on the web (divided alphabetically on each page) should I have
1) different products (related to learning Spanish and perhaps on Spain including holidays etc etc ) on each page (on the home page I could have a drop down menu of all products) OR
2) choose a few products but repeat them on each page (so that the visitor sees them on each page they visit?

Any replies highly valued!

So hard to say, but off the top of my head it seems having the 2 or 3 main products you think would sell, on every page in the sidebar would make sense. Then test different products in the body of each page. Test to see what converts best and where.

Might I toss my 2 bits in also:rolleyes: I've been doing a lot of research on starting a new niche, finding the right keywords, and copyrighting. From what I've learned a few things a very clear.

1. It doesn't matter how good your Website looks if you have no traffic to it.
2. Even if you are getting traffic, if that traffic don't buy then it's really no use either.
3. To turn your traffic into buying customers then you must build their trust first.

PreSelling has become my moto. After much studying and research I've come to the conclusion that to be an affective AM one must PreSell before trying to sell.

My 2 bits ;)

I think he means writing copy.

With some products you can do presell, ie adding compelling copy or features and benefits or product reviews that puts them in buying mode before they hit the merchants sales page. But presell isn't always used and not with all types of products.

Niche Marketing Keyword Tool

Before I consider going after a particular niche, I need to verify if the Google search volume is strong, does the niche have a few or too many competitors, is the commercial intent index 7 or higher and what is the ratio of my CPC vs. commission per sale so I know how much to bid on each keyword and make a decent profit for each Niche market PPC campaign I launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Linda, I think for me its also about getting familiar with the AM terminology :)

commercial intent index 7 or higher

With every post Im learning something new...being a proper newbie.... Commercial Intent Index? - are there any free sites/programes that will assess that?

I haven't found any 'free' sites that provide this info. I first came across this metric when I was looking at the Niche Blueprint program. One of their early partners were the guys from Market Samurai. The other tool I use also populates this index which I reviewed on my blog.

Sorry, I spelled it wrong. It should be Copywriting. Copywriting is what you do when you write articles, landing pages, squeeze pages, etc. and doing it effectively is what helps you draw your customers onto your Website which helps your niche sell.

Preselling is telling people about the product they are looking for and building confidence with them before trying to sell them anything. Once you gain their trust then you softly offer them your products. One way you can presell is with the articles you write.

Sorry for the confusion and again this is only my opinion after all the research I've been doing on this subject.

MI
Back