The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Niche for Facebook

I think it can work rather well for services in a local market. Not certain that it works as well for products.

And of course you need a way of accessing a reasonably sizeable "friend" base, so it makes a huge difference if you can leverage a personal Facebook page to encourage visits to your business page.

I think it can work rather well for services in a local market. Not certain that it works as well for products.

And of course you need a way of accessing a reasonably sizeable "friend" base, so it makes a huge difference if you can leverage a personal Facebook page to encourage visits to your business page.

First off, thank you for replying.

Umm, why do you think that Facebook won't work that well for products?

I have experienced first-hand how having a personal Facebook account can be beneficial for one's business page. A few of my friends have asked me to like their business pages. :D

I said "I'm not certain that it works for products" because I haven't seen any direct evidence of that personally, other than home business types of products like jewelry and cosmetics that various friends operate (and I'm not sure how well those home businesses are doing, actually).

If it's working for you or your friends, great. I do think there's potential for this sort of lead building because you already have something in common with FB friends (typically) and because the word of mouth spread is from (more-or-less) trusted referrals.

I also think it is a great way to attract local service/retail industry. When I look at my friends 'like' something/someone, then I would definitely look closer.

I think you perform better if you choose the niche you are more knowledgeable or experienced of, or loved the most. It will come out naturally in the FB page. But this won't guarantee instant success. You need to work at it.

I do agree with the commentators here that local services work great in FB. It gives you a good reach with your (local) customers because of the proximity.

banners
Back