The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

News Aggregator

moneydrop2021

I am currently trying to make a news aggregator but I don't know where to start. Can someone tell me if there is a good educational source that I can learn from?

news aggregator, conjointly termed a feed aggregator, feed reader, news reader, RSS reader or just aggregator, is consumer software system or an application that aggregates syndicated web page like online newspapers, blogs, podcasts, and video blogs (vlogs) in one location for simple

news aggregator, conjointly termed a feed aggregator, feed reader, news reader, RSS reader or just aggregator, is consumer software system or an application that aggregates syndicated web page like online newspapers, blogs, podcasts, and video blogs (vlogs) in one location for simple
I know the meaning of it but I wonder if you have any experiences with it such as where you start in the first place. I wonder if there is a news aggregator out there that I can take.

It's been a minute since needing to use a new aggregator, but I believe I was using RSS Multi Importer. (Not even sure if this plugin is even still available) But at the time it was free.

Be cautious though, because depending who you're grabbing content from and how frequently, they might block your server's IP. Then you won't be able to get new content from that source. So make sure to set reasonable schedules. I've seen "competitor" sites get blocked for pinging a major men's health site once per day, so give you an idea of some sites' tolerance levels.

And always make sure to configure the aggregator so that it states the source of the content. Otherwise it's plagiarizing.

It's been a minute since needing to use a new aggregator, but I believe I was using RSS Multi Importer. (Not even sure if this plugin is even still available) But at the time it was free.

Be cautious though, because depending who you're grabbing content from and how frequently, they might block your server's IP. Then you won't be able to get new content from that source. So make sure to set reasonable schedules. I've seen "competitor" sites get blocked for pinging a major men's health site once per day, so give you an idea of some sites' tolerance levels.

And always make sure to configure the aggregator so that it states the source of the content. Otherwise it's plagiarizing.
Thank you for the heads up, transyndicate. It's good to know that I have to be careful that there is always a possibility that the content sources may ban my server's IP. Definitely I will make sure that aggregator plug in states the source of the content.

MI
Back