The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie Questions on Traffic

So let my dumb newbie questions, comments, and assumptions start now...

Let's say I find a product to promote. I build a website around selling this one product. Now you have to pay for traffic otherwise no one will end up on your page. I suppose if you don't know what your doing you could end up spending money on traffic with no return. Thus the entire process was a loss of time and money.

My assumption is that to get immediate traffic to your page you will need to pay for it. This idea of organic traffic is kind of a myth in a sense because the concept of getting organic traffic will take a while if even possible given competition.

What happens if this one product goes away? Your stuck with a website of a product that no longer exists.

So let my dumb newbie questions, comments, and assumptions start now...

There's no such thing as dumb questions. If you have had no exposure or experience with these things, it's actually smart to ask questions. It's the only way you're going to find out. :)

I build a website around selling this one product.

You can do that, or you can create a site in a niche or vertical that makes sense to include that product, plus other products in that niche. Then if one product loses steam, you have others, too.

Now you have to pay for traffic otherwise no one will end up on your page.

It's true that organic search traffic can take time and paid traffic is faster. You can also use social media for free, forum signatures, etc.

I suppose if you don't know what your doing you could end up spending money on traffic with no return. Thus the entire process was a loss of time and money.

Yup, that's one possible outcome and risk we all take. I don't think you'd find one affiliate anywhere who hasn't exchanged ad money for data but no conversions, especially while learning.

Decide what type of advertising you want to do then check the appropriate forum. Ask questions there too, if you need to.

Make your advertising as targeted as possible and use tracking for analysis and optimizing, that will help you make best use of your ad budget.

rganic traffic will take a while if even possible given competition.

Try not to compete with 'the big boys'. You may not win. It's easier/better to select something with low competition, at least in the beginning.

What happens if this one product goes away? Your stuck with a website of a product that no longer exists.

All offers and products go away. Nature of the industry. That's why you are probably better off setting up a niche site, so you can have multiple products and offers.

MillionDollarAffMarketing said:
Azgold said: ^All offers and products go away. Nature of the industry. That's why you are probably better off setting up a niche site, so you can have multiple products and offers.

I'll add: Use subdomains for one product *offer* landing pages. Or, as an alternative -- ../second_level/index.html for each offer -- you can use and delete where necessary that way. It's also a lot easier to maintain your server<s> this way. Organization matters in server management.

Interesting idea on using subdomain. So technically you could have a few different niche sites each having a different subdomains.

//Widget site with multiple subdomains
widgetA(.)mywidgetniche(.).com
widgetB(.)mywidgetniche(.).com
widgetC(.)mywidgetniche(.).com

//Gadget site with multiple subdomains
gadgetA(.)mygadgetniche(.).com
gadgetB(.)mygadgetniche(.).com
gadgetC(.)mygadgetniche(.).com

Or did a misunderstand?

You could, depending on how your hosting is set up.
This generally is maybe not good SEO.
But affiliate SEO is an oxymoron these days IMHO.

MI
Back