The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie needing a lot of help...very frustrated

bwinters57

affiliate
:confused:I am really having problems trying to advertise and get started making money with affiliate programs....yet I get email advertisements where they show how their earnings are in the thousands and they say....just purchase this one program and all you have to do is plug in this and that and it will be on auto pilot....you come back the next morning and you will see all this money in your account.....well I signed up for that program only to discover that they want you to purchase this other program and then this other program....I could of spent almost a thousand dollars and not gotten anywhere and when I emailed the individual that I purchased the product from I never got any response because the email was set on autoresponder.....I got frustrated because all I want is for people to be honest with me about how they are making their money does anyone know how to do that any more just help someone honestly get ahead whithout taking them for a ride and all their hard earned money! I felt like I was left holding a bag.....I need someone to walk me through this not just give me a product and expect me to know what I am doing......I requested my money back....I did a google search on honest affiliate software programs for advertisements and I came accross this forum....can you all help me please....

Hi there and I'm sorry you've been lead down the wrong path.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. In part it's because lots of people who are trying to sell you junk, make it sound like its easy to get rich in your underwear if only you knew their special secret trick. Not true. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

But be advised there is no magic bullet and no proven step-by-step process. If there was EVERYONE would be doing it and then it would not longer work.

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started. We don't allow anyone to try to sell you anything and we don't try to sell you anything either so it's pure well-intentioned advice.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

you may want to start with some free ways of affiliate marketing: forum signatures, article marketing, craigslist ads, etc.

Hello bwinters57..

You just went through a process that 99% of the people that want to make money online go at first. I truly remember my bad experience with a so called "guru" that sold me his program. I bought it with my eyes closed thinking that it will bring me lots of money. Of course it didn't.
That's why I truly understand you.
I want you to know that these experiences are those which motivate us.
You have first to understand the all process of making money being an affiliate than you'll know which product to purchase and wich not.

Before you start as an affiliate ask yourself a question. What do you want to accomplish by being an affiliate?

The answer is quite simple…you have 2 basic choises here:

->one is that you want to make a few dollars quickly . You don’t want to build a business. In this case what you need to focus on is learn how to write exceptionally good ads and then use them to promote your affiliate products.
->second is that you want to build a business to last for years to come. This means an online business with income potential for the long term. Making money online is a process that will take you some time to understand it (not long if you find a good teacher) but it will worth all the time you put into it.
Once you understand and implement it believe me you’ll know what success means..

Now it all depends on you and on what you want.

All my best and hope that you’ll first try to understand how all this works, and then think where to begin.

Hello bwinters57..

You just went through a process that 99% of the people that want to make money online go at first. I truly remember my bad experience with a so called "guru" that sold me his program. I bought it with my eyes closed thinking that it will bring me lots of money. Of course it didn't.
That's why I truly understand you.
I want you to know that these experiences are those which motivate us.
You have first to understand the all process of making money being an affiliate than you'll know which product to purchase and wich not.

Before you start as an affiliate ask yourself a question. What do you want to accomplish by being an affiliate?

The answer is quite simple?you have 2 basic choises here:

->one is that you want to make a few dollars quickly . You don?t want to build a business. In this case what you need to focus on is learn how to write exceptionally good ads and then use them to promote your affiliate products.
->second is that you want to build a business to last for years to come. This means an online business with income potential for the long term. Making money online is a process that will take you some time to understand it (not long if you find a good teacher) but it will worth all the time you put into it.
Once you understand and implement it believe me you?ll know what success means..

Now it all depends on you and on what you want.

All my best and hope that you?ll first try to understand how all this works, and then think where to begin.

Aside from the minor editing and spelling errors, this is a very well-thought out answer. Good post :)

Easiest way to start is to learn how to blog on your passion, be it cycling, smoking, or movies. But it's gotta be something you love to work on EVERYDAY, whether you are writing, commenting, or social networking.

Set up your blog with some sort of analytic so that you can determine where traffic will come from since they will eventually trickle in. Once that happens, you'll find ways to adjust for more traffic whether on your own or by asking questions here or other places. When you begin getting some form of traffic, then you can start monetizing. And that will be another line of education.

I'd say that as a newbie, give yourself 6 months to a year to work on your first site. You'll shorten that after having enough experience. Nowadays, I look to 3-4 months on my newly launched sites before expecting any steady income.

Hello bwinters57.

I feel your pain, I haven't bought any of those systems you mentioned simply because when I was starting out, I only had the money for domains and hosting.

Let me first say that I'm a big fan of tightly focused niche websites, I've been doing internet marketing for a little over 6 months and they have been very good to me.

So here's my "proven system," I forgot to mention, it's really slow, and it takes a lot of work. But here it is...

Find some search terms that fit into your niche. These terms either have to have a decent CPC from Adsense or be related either directly or indirectly to an affiliate product.

Find search terms. These terms might get 200 searches a month, or they might get 50,000 searches a month. If you rank well, you might get 2 visitors a week from a search phrase, or you may get 200 a day. Try to focus your website so it can rank for hundreds of terms.

A percentage of these people will either buy a product or click an Adsense ad. The important thing is that you build targeted traffic.

Track your statistics through Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics. As long as your data always points in the up direction, you're doing good.

Don't worry too much about the details, you will make mistakes, so look forward to them as a learning experience. Don't worry too much in the beginning about how to build links, just add highly relevant content to your sites.

Judging competition is an important thing to know in the beginning, but when I started I had no clue, I just got lucky. If you know someone you trust, have them evaluate your competition. If not, you can PM me and I would be glad to give it a peek (unless you're in my niche ;-)

It's hard, but it's not that hard.

Good luck

Hang in there..I was frustrated when I first started out too..

The key is

1.stay consistent..
2.Get good advice here in this forum
3. Get some marketing out there as much as you can..
4..Find programs and marketing that you believe in..
Keep ya head up you can do it..

MI
Back