The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie just arrived

lbmj

Im currently an inactive real estate agent and have been in other sales position as well as owning a couple deli's. I know a little about traditional marketing and would like to tap into the internet arena. Just looking for advice on how to get started and what the best direction to take?

Hi lbmj,

Welcome to 5 Star. Glad you decided to join us.

"Just looking for advice on how to get started and what the best direction to take?"

That's a pretty big question - kinda like asking "how do you build a house?"
:p
The answer is it depends on what kind of house and other variables. Plus there are SO many aspects and the best direction to take depends a little on you and your skillset and budget if any.

There are different ways to make money online. We have info on a variety of things regarding Internet marketing but we specialize in one way to make money. Affiliate Marketing.

Do you know the basics of what it is and want to know more specifically about how to get started with affiliate marketing? Or do you want a broad brush overview of all kinds of things? Or can you give us anything more specific to zero in on so we can give you a more pertinent answer?

Vague newbie

Done some researching. Have a small budget (maybe 100 mo)just didnt wanna spend too much on my learning curve. Dont currently have a website. Signed up with Clickbank and was looking to direct link. Suggestions on other affiliate programs for the rookie that would be user friendly? Im not real high tech. Not sure if I should start with article marketing or put together some PPC campaigns. Trying to understand google rankings, proper keyword search, trends for the niche Im may use, SEO's, etc... A bit overwhelming. Appreciate the help.

Oh good so you do have a bit of an understanding of how the game is played and some of the various aspects of it! Good to know.

Don't spend any money on PPC yet. I think you need to learn a little more about how to pick the right programs and possibly learn some more PPC tricks before you invest any money.

I'd start with reading all the stickies in the newbie forum about how to start and what to avoid.

THEN THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is picking the right niche. Be sure to read how to pick your 1st niche in the niche marketing forum. Then there are a lot of free tools and tips in that forum for helping you find the right niche. One that has some interest but is not too competitive to start off with.

Then head to the PPC forum if that's something you want to do eventually.
There are some free guides for learning PPC.

Ask questions when you have any, we're happy to help.
Hope this helps and best of luck!

banners
Back