The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Newbie Affiliate Merchant Seeking Advice!

elklabone

affiliate
We're interested in starting our own affiliate program...

Should I use a third party affiliate manager, or try it ourselves via Jrox Affiliate Manager? Or ?? If you think I should use third party, who's best for a small merchant?

We'd like to start with minimal startup costs, and will be paying per lead. Price per lead paid to affiliates would be around $4 or so (this is our goal anyway) 50-100 leads per day. We're gathering free "weight loss sample pack" leads through our own lead gen site

Would this price point be attractive to affiliates in the health/wellness industry?

Does anyone have any experience starting their own Pay Per Lead affiliate program?

If we do "go it alone" where would be the best places to promote our affiliate program?

Going with an affiliate network could help you attract more affiliates plus make things easier for you.
Share Results and Shareasale.com are my top recommendations for GOOD yet low cost networks.

Not sure how affiliates would view the payout per lead. Obviously they are used to making more per sale - BUT the sale needs to be made - so lead based programs should have higher conversions.

How are you going to prevent paying for fraud leads???

As for promotion - there are many free affiliate directories you can submit to. Won't get you a ton of affiliates but it's free so submit to about the top 10 or so. Many forums including this one allow free new program announcements.

banners
Back