The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New to Forum

sunkist219

affiliate
So I'm new to this forum, and I think I'm a little confused about half the stuff posted on here. I read over the purpose of the forum, but I have no idea what all the threads about "Affiliate programs" are about. Anyone want to explain it to me? I have been looking around on the SEO section of this forum - because that stuff I know, but I'm clueless about all the rest!

Also, I was trying to find this in the rules, but how many posts do you need before you can create a signature?

Welcome sunkist219,

Thanks for joining 5 Star. In simple terms affiliate marketing is when you sell other peoples products on your site or blog and get paid commission. Almost every major retailer and hundreds of thousands of online merchants have affiliate programs and will pay you a commission.

Here are the basics about it and definitions.

We don't post the # of posts needed as the people we are trying to thwart will just try to get around it. As the rules state you have to be a member in good standing and be here posting for at least a couple days with a certain # of posts. It's not too many.

Not posting the number posts is probably a good idea! I can see how people would post "I agree" 20 times or something like that (lol). Thanks for the info! I'm a little slow...:)

Thanks. So I don't even know where to begin looking on here. My clients are all insurance agents, anything that would benefit them in particular?

Well some of them buy leads from companies like NetQuote, if that's what you mean. Most of them have corporate-run sites so they wouldn't have the capability of putting a link on their page to someone else's page.

MI
Back