The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to Affiliate Marketing, lots of questions to ask.......

john03310227

Hello Everyone,
I am very new to Affiliate Marketing, in fact, I have not even rolled out my site yet. I am still working on my first niche. It's very interesting to me and I am really interested in all the market has to offer. I can say, I'm still wet behind the ears, and don't know everything that I need to know. I read Rosalind Gardner's book on Affiliate Marketing and it has opened my eyes to this market.
I'm kind of scared and nervous to start my site, because I don't think I know enough about it to jump in so quick. If there is anyone out there who can shed some light on all of this for me and help me get past my fear of failure, I would appreciate it.
This idea for me is very important. I am on the verge of losing another business that I have been involved in for several years, and the income regarding Affiliate Marketing would help ease my mind and my families on how we are gonna make it.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

John

Hi John,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and scared when you 1st start out. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. Sounds like you've already done that part, but you should still do keyword research to be sure there is enough interest, but the niche is not too competitive. There is a post in the niche marketing forum stickies that explains how to research a niche.

Last of all I feel the need to tell you that even if you pick a great niche and have the right skills and get off to a strong start, it can take quite a while before you build up to enough money to live on. I say that not to discourage, but to give you a realistic picture, since it sounds like you are in a tight spot. If you don't have any savings and need immediate income you may want to try to find at least a part time job while you build your affiliate business up.

Ask specific questions after you read those sections and we will do our best to help.

Welcome JOhn. You came to the right place! I like your enthusiasm.

There are three pieces of advice that I can offer you:

1. Be diligent - read, read, and read some more. You can always learn something new, I do every day.
2. Be patient - it will take time to build your knowledge, esteem and confidence. You will make some mistakes along the way but that is ok.
3. Never stay static- always change, enhance, modify your product offerings, you can ALWAYS find wasy of improving your product.

Feel free to ask questions, help is always around.

Hi John, and welcome to 5 Star! Don't worry too much about making mistakes as you build your site; the great thing about the Internet is that nothing is written in stone! You will learn from your mistakes.

If you wait until you know everything you need to know, you may never get started. If you've done a reasonable amount of research and reading, I would jump in and start trying stuff. Of course, you can keep researching as you go.

When I began, I had to remind myself that since I hadn't learned much about how to drive traffic to my sites yet, no one was going to see my mistakes for a while anyway, and by then I could fix them! :)

Thank you all....

Thank you all for the great information. I will take your advice and jump in with both feet. I wish you all well, and hope to hear from you from time to time....
Kindest Regards,
John

MI
Back