The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New meta descriptions not showing in Google

jmk909er

affiliate
I have been using the SEO for WordPress by Yoast to customize my meta descriptions but Google still shows the old stuff. Should I just leave it alone and give Google time to crawl? It has been about a week.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

And finally when/if Google starts picking up the new stuff will it replace the old stuff? Or will it continue to be there also?

Thanks, Joe

It can take a couple weeks on sites that aren't very busy if she doesn't spider very often. Check the last cache date in the SERPS that will tell you something.

You can try to force feed her to pick up changes a little faster by leaving her a bread crumb trail. Build a new link from somewhere, then click the link and go to your site using Chrome. Make sure you don't have incognito turned on. Then find a keyword that page ranks for and click your link from the SERPs as well, again using Chrome (cuz it phones home). The Firefox toolbar works too and sometimes I do both. Still not instant and no guarantees, but when I do that I usually get the new SEO on my client sites picked up and re-indexed in less than a week.

Yes I am talking about the google snippet. I don't know what SERP's is and who is "she"
Posted via mobile device

SERPs = "Search Engine Results Pages"

And "she" is how Linda refers to Google. :)

Sorry have carpal pain and can't type more detail and that's as simple as I can make it. Think it's pretty self explanatory. Just follow step by step.

MI
Back