The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New Here

mhoffman

Hi Michele from Colorado...

New to affiliate marketing and over whelmed with all the info! Where to start is I guess the biggest thing I?m having a struggle with. But I hope to gain some more advice here.;)

Hi Michele,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

I used to live in Colorado Springs years ago. Miss it - you lucky girl!

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for others and give you a better general understanding about how to get started and what to avoid.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. Your niche will be your foundation so pick well. The newbie stickies will explain in part, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding and researching your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

Hi, Michele, and welcome! Yup, overwhelmed, where to start, I know what you're saying! Just take it step by step and don't feel like you have to know everything before you start experimenting. We'll help as best we can!

Thank you both for the replies!

I guess one thing I need to clear up is domain name... should it be something like Designs by Michele....or Michele Publishing?

I guess I'm getting that confused with website name.

After reading a few threads I think I have it. I need to focus the domain name around what the product I advertising. I thought that I needed one main domain that I could attach any on the websites to.

Yes best to have the keywords in the domain name and it's best to get a .com
There are plenty left if you get creative. Feel free to PM me with your niche.
I'm pretty good at finding good domains and can send you a list of possibles to consider.

Thank you but I haven't got that far yet still researching, I got stuck on the whole domain thing, but I get it now. Any recommendations?

Have you researched and picked a niche yet? That's step one, then a matching domain name. Holler if you need help with niche research after reading the stickies in the niche forum.

I agree. It feels natural to pick a domain name first, but really that's not the best way to go. You need to figure out which keywords you're going to target, and then you'll not only have a better idea of what your goal is, but then you'll be able to look for a domain name that incorporates your main keywords.

Do whats interesting

My first advice to you. DO SOMETHING INTERESTING FOR YOU.

If you will always look for making money quick, not only you won't make money but you won't enjoy the process.

Learn a little bit and find the niche and promotions type that you connect to.

banners
Back