The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New Datafeed to RSS Software

Linda Buquet

affiliate
As everyone knows, I've been trying to push more merchants to offer RSS datafeeds. Affiliates want them guys! Well most merchants don't have the option yet, so I keep my eyes open for apps that will convert affiliate datafeeds to RSS. "Affiliate Feed Generator" is one of the apps I have been watching and waiting for with some anticipation.

DARN, wish I could find an affiliate link for this program.
I could sell a few! :p

The sale page says the software can convert datafeeds from Shareasale, Commission Junction, Linkshare and Kolimbo to RSS. Not only that but it masks the links too so they don't look like "thin" affiliate sites to the search engines. I have not used the product yet but I have tried RSStoBlog one of the other products they offer.

<strong>How Does <a target="_new" href="http://affiliatefeedgenerator.com/">Affiliate Feed Generator</a> Work?</strong>

1. Download a feed from your favorite affiliate network
2. Browse for the feed on your computer wth "Affiliate Feed Generator"
3. Choose which affiliate network the feed is from
4. Enter your affiliate ID
5. Customize the look of the feed. (Choose font color and image alignment.)
6. Generate your feed in 1 of 3 formats; Webpages, RSS feed or RSS to Blog feed.

If I did affiliate sites and had time, I would take it for a spin myself.
Sounds slick, sounds easy.
If anyone tries it let us know what you think.

Actually just remembered that one of our 5 Star SUPER Mods - TELI - has a datafeed to RSS program coming out soon too. So maybe you check hers out when its ready.

merchants can be forgiven for not offering the tools that affiliates need to get the job done. but the affiliate network providers cannot. the lack of suitable RSS feeds in the industry is just one symptom of the amateurish state of affiliate marketing today. as an example, look at Clickbank. those guys are positively stoneage in their implementation of an affiliate interface and APIs. sheesh. just look at their marketplace XML feed. they haven't a clue...

Hi Stephen,

Great point! I have a big pet peeve with CB too. Their stats are so bad you can't even test to see if your links work or evaluate your campaigns. How can you work without click stats???

But back on target yes the networks should be offering RSS. One network that is REALLY focused on this and offers lots of cool tools for affiliates is www.Avantlink.com. I'm always reading about new RSS tools and other innovations that they are implementing. Don't know much about what merchants are in the network but it may be worth checking out.

linda, thanks for the avantlink reference. i'll take a close look at them. i am always interested in affiliate networks that work technology to their advantage and that of their affiliates (which in the end is again to their own advantage). i see avantlink was established just last year and they only have a few dozen merchants in their network, but i won't hold that against them just yet...

Yep they are newer and small for sure. Wanted me to represent them when they 1st started but I like working with tried and proven programs and it just never worked out. HOWEVER newer smaller companies CAN be much more nimble at innovating than the big giants can.

MI
Back