The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New Adsense TOS - Must have privacy policy

ardit217

affiliate
I haven't seen this posted before, maybe i'm not looking hard enough but...

If you use adsense on your site, you need a privacy policy

Here it is from the TOS;

You must have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy that clearly discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your users’ browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on your website. Your privacy policy should also include information about user options for cookie management.

Hope this wasen't posted before

Cool i would be ok if i was not banned. I guess this is another way of cutting the extra pounds from Google's side.

I just stumbled on this news on the web today... Checked the forums to see if it was posted already and since it is figured I'd add my opinion.

Anyways, I don't recall getting an e-mail about Google's adsense TOS being updated. It figures, but it would be nice if they would take the time to e-mail the publishers. I was reading in the main adsense forums that many publishers got banned for this and also claimed they did not get notified about the TOS change.

I think adsense is becoming more and more of a risk to even use the program. I'm having issues with them right now and thinking of forever releasing myself of their service. I just don't know what the next best ad service would be.

Edit: I see Temi added adsense to the board recently. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see a privacy policy... Just thought I'd point that out as a heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: I see Temi added adsense to the board recently. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see a privacy policy... Just thought I'd point that out as a heads up.

Good point Gorkfu, but as far as im concerned all forum software comes with a registration & privacy policy so it should cover UKWW

Then all is good - all of our websites have privacy policies. From day one when first starting out as a webmaster I was always conscious of having both privacy policies and terms of use on any website we created.

MI
Back