The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

MySpace Affiliate Marketing

StephenR

affiliate
Hey people! Unless you've been living under a rock for the last two years you've probably heard about a little site called www.MySpace.com. MySpace is an interactive community where you can meet new people from all different walks of life. It is truly an exceptional networking platform. It has proved to be so powerful that back in July 05 News Corp bought Intermix Media, owner of Myspace.com, the fifth most-viewed internet domain in the US and owner of other sites for $580m. Not too shabby right?!

Anyhow I started a new affiliate marketing group located at http://groups.myspace.com/AffiliateMarketing It's an open group for all to join. Whether you are a sucessful affiliate marketer or are looking for more information on affiliate marketing this group is for you. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Stephen,

GREAT idea! I'm in some Linkedin groups but had not even looked at MySpace for networking yet. Joined your group and hope others do too! Thanks for the invite!

Always glad to have ya Linda. Us affiliate marketers gotta stick together. Spread the word around as it offers a great networking medium for everyone.

Cool iSat. iSatellite is one of my favorite affiliate programs. I need to focus more attention on promoting it offline. I think that's where the key market is.

myspace

I think it's good that you are trying to add some legitimacy to MySpace.com Stephen. I'm 26 and I am saying this from personal experience. Current highschoolers have transformed myspace into a barely stomachable site. From the terrible hot or not type photo ratings to the "dating" portion of the site to the pseudo everythings that are on there. It's basically the facebook.com of the highschool generation. There is even a song called "I liked you a whole lot better before you became a myspace whore." It's a popularity contest online.

All that being said, it has amazing potential as a networking tool, but that part is being underused with the other things out there like Linkedin and Plaxo. Good idea though and I hope it takes off.

Very true Ken. There are a whole bunch of marketers on their who joined just for fun primarily witin the 20-30 something demo. With a real marketing group for them on the site that's not promoting "make $500 in one hour" garbage they may take a stronger interest in networking through the medium.

A main aspect I see for experimenting with MySpace is getting interaction going between affiliates, AM's and merchants which = greater popularity for affiliate marketing as a whole. A cool thing about MySpace from a Merchant/AM perspective is that you can start your own public group and send out bulletins and updates to all your affiliates or potential affiliates Online. The trick is to get a buzz going within the overall community and then let the viral wave roll. Most people still don't even know what affiliate marketing is but everybody is looking to supplement their income :) Your right though. It's too bad there wasn't a more professional service that offers the same user inteaction and enormity as MySpace.

banners
Back