The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My Online Journey to 1K a day!

Chris R

affiliate
Hello all!

I joined this great forum recently and made an intro thread. In there @azgold suggested that I make a progress thread so here it is!

I dabbled in AM about two years ago but it was very part time and didn't amount too much. This time I'll be doing it full time and I am absolutely determined to see success.

So right now I'm trying to get as much done as possible so I can get my first campaign started. I tend to over think and complicate things so I'm trying really hard to just take action and get started.

I've decided that I am going to run paid traffic from Bing ads to CPA offers from Max Bounty or PeerFly.

Once I master Bing than I plan to move on to the next traffic source which will probably be FB ads or Native. I will NOT be moving onto the next until I master the first one.

The reason I decided to go the Bing route initially is because of a few things. First, the $100 coupon code is pretty rad. Second, I've heard that FB is a pain in the dick to deal with and I've heard the opposite about Bing. Third, I've heard they have really good customer support.

The reason I've decided to with Max Bounty or PeerFly is because I kept reading that they were some of the best affiliate networks. Figured I'd with one of them at first and go from there.

I don't know how to code so to start off I plan to use Builderall for Landing (sales) pages.

For tracking I am going to use BeMob. I've heard good things about it but most importantly, it's free.

As of today I have completed the following tasks:

• Signed up and got approved to Max Bounty
• Signed up and got approved to PeerFly
• Signed up for ClickBank (just to have it)
• Created a Bing Ads account
• Created a Bemob account
• Purchased a tracking domain
• Got the tracking domain setup in BeMob
• Signed up for Builderall

My next project is to figure out this landing page stuff. I know the right way to do this would be to code my own landers and host them on an actual server but I just want to get goin already.

I do plan to learn some basic coding along the way that'll hopefully help me down the road with landing pages. If this Builderall thing doesn't work out and drives me nuts then I may hire someone to make a basic sales page that I can alter. I'll deal with that when the time comes though.

For now I plan to either build (using their page builder) or use one of their pre-made pages and alter it to fit my needs.

Once I have a polished looking sales page that I can modify I'll start looking at different offers.

If you guys have any suggestions or questions please feel free to post em. I would love to hear what you guys think so far.

-Chris

Great Man! I am also in the same journey ans was about to start a similar thread...However my Bing account got closed down yesterday so I am not pushing forward as of now! All the Best

Hello all!

I joined this great forum recently and made an intro thread. In there @azgold suggested that I make a progress thread so here it is!

I dabbled in AM about two years ago but it was very part time and didn't amount too much. This time I'll be doing it full time and I am absolutely determined to see success.

So right now I'm trying to get as much done as possible so I can get my first campaign started. I tend to over think and complicate things so I'm trying really hard to just take action and get started.

I've decided that I am going to run paid traffic from Bing ads to CPA offers from Max Bounty or PeerFly.

Once I master Bing than I plan to move on to the next traffic source which will probably be FB ads or Native. I will NOT be moving onto the next until I master the first one.

The reason I decided to go the Bing route initially is because of a few things. First, the $100 coupon code is pretty rad. Second, I've heard that FB is a pain in the dick to deal with and I've heard the opposite about Bing. Third, I've heard they have really good customer support.

The reason I've decided to with Max Bounty or PeerFly is because I kept reading that they were some of the best affiliate networks. Figured I'd with one of them at first and go from there.

I don't know how to code so to start off I plan to use Builderall for Landing (sales) pages.

For tracking I am going to use BeMob. I've heard good things about it but most importantly, it's free.

My next project is to figure out this landing page stuff. I know the right way to do this would be to code my own landers and host them on an actual server but I just want to get goin already.

I do plan to learn some basic coding along the way that'll hopefully help me down the road with landing pages. If this Builderall thing doesn't work out and drives me nuts then I may hire someone to make a basic sales page that I can alter. I'll deal with that when the time comes though.

For now I plan to either build (using their page builder) or use one of their pre-made pages and alter it to fit my needs.

Once I have a polished looking sales page that I can modify I'll start looking at different offers.

If you guys have any suggestions or questions please feel free to post em. I would love to hear what you guys think so far.

-Chris
Grabbed the bull by the horns, cool :affiliatefix:. What kind of offers have you chosen to push? You can ask your AMs from Max Bounty or PeerFly to provide you with their landers/prelanders or make you private ones. I don't think it will be a problem if they can offer any creo

Wow, Chris, when you said you were determined, you weren't kidding. :D Congrats on hitting the ground running, this is exciting! {applauding}

I will NOT be moving onto the next until I master the first one.

Perfect!!

I assume that since you didn't mention it, BuilderAll is hosting your landers?

I'm following your journey and looking forward to watching your progress!

Grabbed the bull by the horns, cool :affiliatefix:. What kind of offers have you chosen to push? You can ask your AMs from Max Bounty or PeerFly to provide you with their landers/prelanders or make you private ones. I don't think it will be a problem if they can offer any creo

Haha! I'm tryin to.

I'm actually not too sure what vertical I want to run with to be honest. I'll start looking into that after I get this landing page thing sorted out.

I think most of the offers on both of those networks have pre-made sale/offer pages but I want to start out learning and using pre-sell pages to help with conversions.

Even before I launched a campaign it got pulled u for manual review ad 4 hours later I receive a mail that it is being shut down! Nothing that could be done as bing does not allow you to ask questions

That sucks man. I've already had to talk to their CS regarding a coupon code and their support was awesome. Hopefully you'll get everything sorted out.

Wow, Chris, when you said you were determined, you weren't kidding. :D Congrats on hitting the ground running, this is exciting! {applauding}

Perfect!!

I assume that since you didn't mention it, BuilderAll is hosting your landers?

I'm following your journey and looking forward to watching your progress!

Yes BuilderAll will be hosting my landers.

I have hosting through Hostgator (for a WP site) as well but I don't feel too comfortable doing the from scratch landers and I've heard that WP is too slow for landers.

I played with builderAll a little yesterday and there are a lot of features in their builder so we'll see how it goes. I'm gonna try to figure it out and see if it'll do what I need from it.

I'll continue to keep this thread updated.

Last edited:
  • Try and focus on one thing at a time until you get the hang of it.
  • You need to plan out the touch points of your landing page.
  • You need 2 or 3 yeses, or several points of agreement, to get the user's commitment to continue (click through to the sales page or offer).
  • You have to have the presell and the offer itself planned out first.

Learn to layout HTML pages with CSS from scratch. Then when you edit templates you will understand the fundamentals. It's easier to edit templates when you have a basic understanding of HTML & CSS.

Alternatively, do what you can do best and pay to have a few different landing page templates (layouts) made for you.

Maybe, a platform like BuilderAll is right for you right now too. I was looking at the pricing and maybe it's better to spend the money up front to have it done fast.

The problem with these platforms is that you may not have full copies of all the work you do and the components that the server platform makes available to you. Should you decide to move your server account you are going to have issues perhaps. I would understand what those issues might be before you start.

• Try and focus on one thing at a time until you get the hang of it.
  • You need to plan out the touch points of your landing page.
  • You need 2 or 3 yeses, or several points of agreement, to get the user's commitment to continue (click through to the sales page or offer).
  • You have to have the presell and the offer itself planned out first.
Learn to layout HTML pages with CSS from scratch. Then when you edit templates you will understand the fundamentals. It's easier to edit templates when you have a basic understanding of HTML & CSS.

Alternatively, do what you can do best and pay to have a few different landing page templates (layouts) made for you.

Maybe, a platform like BuilderAll is right for you right now too. I was looking at the pricing and maybe it's better to spend the money up front to have it done fast.

The problem with these platforms is that you may not have full copies of all the work you do and the components that the server platform makes available to you. Should you decide to move your server account you are going to have issues perhaps. I would understand what those issues might be before you start.

Thanks for the great reply Graybeard!

I'm definitely trying to focus on one thing at a time. It's kinda hard to do though because there is so much to do at first.

Right now I'm mostly trying to see if I want to keep Builderall or just use Wordpress. So far it seems as though Builderall will probably work for now. It's relatively easy to get everything sorted out. I really just need to sit down and play with it.

I do plan to learn HTML and CSS down the road but right now I just want to get something going so I can move forward. I know how I am and I'll end up investing way too much time learning that and not starting a campaign.

I see what you're saying about migrating my pages out of Builderall if need be. I haven't dug really deep into it but so far it does seem as though it won't be easy. I can figure all of that out down the road though if I decide to stay with them.

Progress:

There hasn't been a whole lot of progress since the last update to be honest. I've been super busy with family and house projects this last week. Whenever I had downtime I made sure to read and do homework.

I did talk to my AM about a few offers I'm kinda interested in which went well. He also suggested going with Bing instead of FB for the time being. It was cool hearing that conformation. Sometimes I just need to hear things like that to keep me from second guessing the decisions I've made.

If you guys have any comments or suggestions I'd love to hear em.

-Chris

Hey guys!

It's been awhile since the last update. The holidays were crazy and very distracting so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I did make some progress though.

So, since the last update, I've determined that Builderall wasn't going to work out for what I needed to do. After lots of tinkering and testing, it turns out that WordPress did exactly what I needed it to do while also being more than fast enough.

Progress that I've made:

• Figured out what vertical I wanted to start out in
  • Did some hw and chose an offer
  • Completed my pre-sale page
  • Almost got all of my tracking setup figured out

Right now, I'm waiting on my AM to fire a test conversion so I can confirm that all of my tracking is working. Once I've determined that everything is working as intended, I then plan to start sending traffic to my pre-sale page.

I know progress is moving very slowly, but I am very determined to make this work. I will continue to do this until I reach my goal.

I'll continue to update this thread when more progress has been made.

-Chris

I agree about builderall - not a fan at all.
Regarding wordpress - you have to be careful with hosting. In case your site is hosted in US and you're promoting something in Asia or Australia/NZ, then the latency might become an issue and your pages might be too slow to load there, which will affect conversion rates negatively.

I think Graybeard had a great point - just choose one area and stick with it. Shiny object syndrome is difficult to ignore, I know this too well myself.

Keep posting these updates :)

Hey guys!

It's been awhile since the last update. The holidays were crazy and very distracting so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I did make some progress though.

So, since the last update, I've determined that Builderall wasn't going to work out for what I needed to do. After lots of tinkering and testing, it turns out that WordPress did exactly what I needed it to do while also being more than fast enough.

Progress that I've made:

• Figured out what vertical I wanted to start out in
  • Did some hw and chose an offer
  • Completed my pre-sale page
  • Almost got all of my tracking setup figured out

Right now, I'm waiting on my AM to fire a test conversion so I can confirm that all of my tracking is working. Once I've determined that everything is working as intended, I then plan to start sending traffic to my pre-sale page.

I know progress is moving very slowly, but I am very determined to make this work. I will continue to do this until I reach my goal.

I'll continue to update this thread when more progress has been made.

-Chris
Hi Chris,

Glad to see you back here! Your determination is really exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing some good figures from you.
What vertical have you taken eventually? Nutra, I hope :) Good luck, anyway!

I agree about builderall - not a fan at all.
Regarding wordpress - you have to be careful with hosting. In case your site is hosted in US and you're promoting something in Asia or Australia/NZ, then the latency might become an issue and your pages might be too slow to load there, which will affect conversion rates negatively.

I think Graybeard had a great point - just choose one area and stick with it. Shiny object syndrome is difficult to ignore, I know this too well myself.

Keep posting these updates :)

Haha, I know all too well about shiny object syndrome. Right now I'm thinkin I'll stay in the US and CA but down the road I'll definitely start looking at other geo's. When that time comes I'll move over to a VPS and hopefully have custom sites instead of WP.

Thanks for the great info btw. I really appreciate it.

Hi Chris,

Glad to see you back here! Your determination is really exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing some good figures from you.
What vertical have you taken eventually? Nutra, I hope :) Good luck, anyway!

Thanks man! I really appreciate the kind words.

It's not quite weight loss but it is in that type of vertical. It probably won't get as much traffic but is a lot less seasonal. If I could get it workin out it should do okay throughout the year. That's my theory anyway.

Hello all!

-Chris

Hi Chris,
I saw youtube Videos of Adplexity. Somehow i guess you need to get an Adplexity account and see if you can evaluate what landers and offers are having a wide reach. I am trying it out in in the next week. All the best and good luck

cheers.

Hi Chris,
I saw youtube Videos of Adplexity. Somehow i guess you need to get an Adplexity account and see if you can evaluate what landers and offers are having a wide reach. I am trying it out in in the next week. All the best and good luck

cheers.

Good lookin out on Adplexity. I've heard of it but haven't really looked into it yet.

I'm on a similar journey as you are! Let me know how did builderall work out for you!
Best wishes on making $$$!

Thanks Zero!

Builderall didn't work out very well for me. I think it would be fine for really simple landers, but I needed something with a little more options. I ended up using WP and it's been fine so far. There is definitely a little bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it, it's really not too bad.

So... A lot has happened since the last update.

The first test conversion didn't work. I looked into some things, did some reading and realized that the "test link" in my BeMob campaign links, is for ME to test the forwarding of my site links. NOT to test a conversion. The regular campaign link is for that.

Once I realized this, my AM fired another test conversion and BeMob tracked it without a problem.

Once that was all taken care of, I did some quick keyword research, made three ads and started running traffic to my lander. This was later in the day on Friday.

So... I woke up Sunday morning and to my total shock, I had a conversion. I was so stoked!

Of the three ads, two were doing pretty well while one was falling behind pretty badly. I decided to merge the two performing ads together for the new third ad to see what happens.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to change the copy on the landing page around a bit. Of the clicks through to the lander, the clicks to the offer are pretty low. I'm actually surprised that I even got a conversion seeing how low the clicks to offer were. I'm not totally worried about it at this second though.

Right now I'm just watching everything, trying to learn and better understand search keywords and how to optimize my Bing campaign as much as possible. I'll probably do this for about a week if possible. Once I feel that I have my ads and keywords figured out, I'll make another landing page and start split testing.

If you guys have any advice or suggestions I'd love to hear em.

Thanks fellas.

Wow, you got your first conversion quickly. Others have to wait longer for that first dough to come in :)

How is it going now? Maybe post some screenshots of your campaign with stats we can work with, we could give you some advice on what steps to take next.

Sound almost impossible, but I’m impressed by your strategic attitude. I’m wondering how it will work out. But don’t you think you are taking too much on you... for example learning the code. Would it be easier and more productive to hire someone who know it and just pay to this person?

Good lookin out on Adplexity. I've heard of it but haven't really looked into it yet.

Thanks Zero!

Builderall didn't work out very well for me. I think it would be fine for really simple landers, but I needed something with a little more options. I ended up using WP and it's been fine so far. There is definitely a little bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it, it's really not too bad.

So... A lot has happened since the last update.

The first test conversion didn't work. I looked into some things, did some reading and realized that the "test link" in my BeMob campaign links, is for ME to test the forwarding of my site links. NOT to test a conversion. The regular campaign link is for that.

Once I realized this, my AM fired another test conversion and BeMob tracked it without a problem.

Once that was all taken care of, I did some quick keyword research, made three ads and started running traffic to my lander. This was later in the day on Friday.

So... I woke up Sunday morning and to my total shock, I had a conversion. I was so stoked!

Of the three ads, two were doing pretty well while one was falling behind pretty badly. I decided to merge the two performing ads together for the new third ad to see what happens.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to change the copy on the landing page around a bit. Of the clicks through to the lander, the clicks to the offer are pretty low. I'm actually surprised that I even got a conversion seeing how low the clicks to offer were. I'm not totally worried about it at this second though.

Right now I'm just watching everything, trying to learn and better understand search keywords and how to optimize my Bing campaign as much as possible. I'll probably do this for about a week if possible. Once I feel that I have my ads and keywords figured out, I'll make another landing page and start split testing.

If you guys have any advice or suggestions I'd love to hear em.

Thanks fellas.
You should stay on with Builderall and rely more on their Roadmap for more technology opportunities. It is always rolling out new software changes and new apps in the pipeline to keep up with market expectations. Trust me, it will be playing along with the AI expectations too

banners
Back