The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

My Newbie Research thus far /Possible Newbie success formula?

him77

affiliate
Hello everyone and I thank you for your help and time in advance.
This website is really a blessing cause I'm learning so much so fast!
I hope my post will help others in terms of my newbie research

I have these question on my mind all the time and I feel that you guys give great advice, but at the same time I feel that I may be missing some of the "little things" that have made you successful. I hope I haven't offended anyone by that comment.

My Research/formula thus far in no particular order (my goal is to set up a system I can use for every site/product I create):

1. Goal I have set: to have 20 website makeing $20 a day within the next 18 months. I'm treating it like a real business and that helps me focus better
  2. Write 5 Pillar articles per site (500 to 100 words)
  3. make youtube videos for each pillar article and add images to create strong content pages
  4. using wordpess for all blogs
  5. using subdomains to save money at first since I read that they are treated like regular domanis
  6. using shared hosting
  7. Making smaller posting that are mostly list with images and videos
  8. Visiting google and typing in product name..what every drops down I write post/pillars on
  9. use these same google drop down results at post/pillar topic names
  10. Write best seller/selling list on all blogs
  11. Will have one main site which will be the main domain (my main passion site i love working on) and have subdomains be the network of affiliate sites which are smaller niches related to my main site (good idea?)
  12. Making all images clickable
  13. Update people on the best deals and sales
  14. Making some sites like stores using wordpess with pages that will have pillar content and clickable images that go to affiliates site for buying
  15. visiting article directories and finding useful articles and re-writing them to make my product
  16. ( example:" become a better internet market" would be rewritten to" become a better cook")
  17. Going to many forums/blogs profiles (dofollows) with my sites link (I will match the profile/blog with the product i hope to market) and leave useful comments to get backlinks to my site
  18. when i post a useful comment I will link to a relevent posting on one of my sites rather than just the general site it's self
  19. focusing on two man keywords per site
  20. working on each site for three weeks each before moving on to the next
  21. Using alt tag in all images
  22. using optins wordpress plugin on every page

23. After site is done I will market 80% and spend %20 updating

The only things that are really fustrating me as a newbie is that:

1) am I on the right path? what am I missing
2) how do I get people to "buy" products (content wise)?
3) are my site which I want to be affilate sites have to much information and be more useful for adsense (aka the devil and I don't want to use)
4) when should I use PPC or is seo/google a better method to focus on ? Does it depend on the product and how much natural traffic it gets from google search?

I think I'm right there and will start working on my first site this weekend. I'm really excited!!!

I know I wrote alot and wouldn't mind making a donation come pay day.

Again, thank you for your time and the blessing of your knowledge!!!

Nice list - VERY ambitious, though.

One point I'd disagree with, I think, is #5. I don't think subdomains are the way to go unless the sub is in a niche that is related to the top domain. Pay the $10 per year for it's own domain. You can use the same hosting account (add on domains). Others can chime in as to why this is better -

As to your frustrations:

How do you make people buy? Ah, the magic question! IMO, it takes time. It takes good copywriting skills. It takes a loyal following that trusts you. It takes enough traffic - targeted traffic. It takes knowing who your target customer is, rather than just looking at total number of visitors. There's a big difference between those two things, and I don't think it gets mentioned enough with internet marketers. (Off-line marketers have been recognizing this for years - for example, ever wonder why all the technical schools and bankruptcy attorneys place their TV commercials during the daytime shows?)

When should you use PPC? It's a matter of opinion. My personal opinion is that you shouldn't use PPC UNTIL you can afford to lose your entire investment - every dime - and not be financially hurt by it. Not every product can benefit from PPC. More importantly, with the smaller margins you will be earning as an affiliate (versus the manufacturer), the ROI (return on investment) may not be enough to justify the risk.

Good luck - we'll all be watching your success curve!

Hi him77, you have good plans there, same things were on my mind. Subdomain wouldn't be the best. Individual domain is good. Sometimes when we think about it, it seems simple but when we are actually there, it turns out to be difficult. For me investing in article marketing softwares, any automation software, rewriting softwares will greatly help. Plus a fast computer. I had dial up connection before and it really wasted my time. Goodluck

MI
Back