The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

My CPA journey with Facebook Ads

adirsab

affiliate
Hello everybody, This is my first journey ever. I hope it will be helpful for me and you.

I'm starting with one mobile offer:

Payout $2

Testing 5 angles

Bidding high first ($1) to get quality impressions, CPC

Using AdsBridge for tracking and landing pages

I will try again to build a costume audience in Facebook with this offer.
The last time I tried it didn’t work and I'm not sure for what reason. I think it's because AdsBridge don’t give the URLs of the landers that contain the pixel and Facebook need to know them.
Would suck if it doesn't work, because the main reason I went with them is that I don't need hosting for landers what saves a ton of costs.

Please let me know if you need more details..

Cheers :)

Adir

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that it looks like the pixel is finally working.

The bad news is I forgot to check the link of the offer before I started the campaign and it turns out its not working!

Sent an email to my AM about it see what he says.

Campaign Stats:

I spent almost 24$ on the campaign, 5$ for each angle. All angels got similar results more or less..

32 Clicks
$0.74 average CPC
1.09% average CTR
12 Clicks to offer = 37.5% Lander CTR
0 Conversions - That’s what made me to go and check the affiliate link

I stopped the campaign for now.

I searched the offer on Offervault to see if I can run it on different network. There are several networks that have that offer but unfortunately I'm not a member of any of them. I applied to some.

Maybe I will try to find another similar offer - this need some work to change the ads and lander

Or I will wait for an answer from my AM, maybe it's something that can be solved.

Cheers,

Adir

Your CPC is 0.74 and offer pays out $2. U need a 33% CR just to break even.

Thats gonna be hard, unless you can get cheaper clicks by creating better ads (ie with better CTR)

Guy optimize your Image for your post. get more real comments. get more likes and share before of start your campain. =)

the cost per click, low if the image generates more clicks

Hello everybody, This is my first journey ever. I hope it will be helpful for me and you.

I'm starting with one mobile offer:

Payout $2

Testing 5 angles

Bidding high first ($1) to get quality impressions, CPC

Using AdsBridge for tracking and landing pages

I will try again to build a costume audience in Facebook with this offer.
The last time I tried it didn’t work and I'm not sure for what reason. I think it's because AdsBridge don’t give the URLs of the landers that contain the pixel and Facebook need to know them.
Would suck if it doesn't work, because the main reason I went with them is that I don't need hosting for landers what saves a ton of costs.

Please let me know if you need more details..

Adir

Let us know how it works out, i'm keen to start with facebook ads

Update:

OK my AM says the offer stopped. The other networks have not yet returned to me about my applications and I didn’t find another offer that can replace this one. so I pulled this campaign for now.

I started a new campaign and picked an offer from a network that I wanted to try.

Payout $1.1

Testing 3 angles

This time I'm bidding CPM

lrs1995 TokyoDesu Yeah I know the higher the CTR the cheaper the clicks will be but thanks anyway! :)
BTW I'm doing clicks to website.

Hi Adirsab,
What were tokens that you added to Adsbridge link?

I use custom tokens for ads&ad sets. I'm still trying to figure out this whole tracking thing..

bro, you set cpc 0.74$ very hight.

Yeah man I know I think my bid was too high.

Thanks everybody will update soon..

Cheers,

Adir

Update:

Something strange is happening in the other campaign. I got 15 clicks to lander 1 click to offer, That’s 6.6% CTR :confused: CPC=0.60

Maybe my lander really sucks or something.. (BTW I'm using AdsBridge landing page templates and tweak them. I'm not a big fan of their visual editor but for now It saves me hosting costs.)

So now I'm testing direct link to offer to see if I can get some conversions this way. I also changed the bidding to CPC.

Meanwhile I started another campaign.

Payout $1

Again I'm testing 3 angles

This time I'm trying to bid low CPC to see what happen. Chances are that I will barely see impressions, but I wanted to try that.

I think I should start trying to spy on competitors to get a sense of what's people doing..
Problem is most of these services are costly and not in my budget so I need to find a cheap / free system to do that.

Still trying to crack the Facebook code..

One suggestion is bid a bit lower and then clone your campaign on your traffic source multiple times.

Also be sure to clone your creative at least 5 times. More banners = more traffic with the same bid.

A simple example of this would be 90% of the traffic is sent to the current winner while 10% is sent to the exploration phase.

So if there was 3 advertisers A, B & C. All with one creative and A being the current winner the inventory distribution would be as follows:
A. 90%
B. 5%
C. 5%

However, with A still being the winner. If advertiser B had 9 creatives and advertiser C only had 1 our numbers would look something like this:
A. 90%
B. 9%
C. 1%

The above example is true for most RTB platforms because they base the current eCPM to the creative themselves.

One suggestion is bid a bit lower and then clone your campaign on your traffic source multiple times.

Also be sure to clone your creative at least 5 times. More banners = more traffic with the same bid.

A simple example of this would be 90% of the traffic is sent to the current winner while 10% is sent to the exploration phase.

So if there was 3 advertisers A, B & C. All with one creative and A being the current winner the inventory distribution would be as follows:
A. 90%
B. 5%
C. 5%

However, with A still being the winner. If advertiser B had 9 creatives and advertiser C only had 1 our numbers would look something like this:
A. 90%
B. 9%
C. 1%

The above example is true for most RTB platforms because they base the current eCPM to the creative themselves.

Thanks for the tip mate.

If I understood you correctly you suggesting me to duplicate the campaign to get more exposure?

I lower my bid to $0.39 and I don't get any exposure. (ATM Suggested bid is: $0.29–$0.85)

I now have to do some thinking about how to proceed..

Thanks everybody,

Adir

P.S. I got my first conversion of $1 (yey!)

banners
Back