The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

my CPA journal - a noob's journey through the CPA experience

iebo

affiliate
Thanks to Samrath Gupta's help, I've been approved to my first CPA Network. This will be my journal of my experiences with them in trying to build a positive income stream through CPA.
My motivation of getting into CPA is because I want to be my own boss. I know self-employed people often work harder than corporate drones, but the rewards are also greater. Plus, I won't have to worry about getting laid off.

So now that I'm approved into my first CPA network, I need to have a site to host my offers. I think that I will have one general domain, with different tabs for the different genres. I will get a free CSS template to expediate the design process. Since I already have an account with godaddy, I will just upgrade my account for a few bucks extra per month. I will probably get a .info domain since they are usually the cheapest.

Not sure how to mark this as a case study.

Case study button added!

Best of luck man!

Make sure you ask Sam exactly what is working atm and what is the best for you!

Hi IEBO,

We're glad to have you aboard...

Dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you need help with ANYTHING !! Like with your marketing strategies,etc !

Today I picked up two domains: gamingoffers.info and superfreeoffers.net. Godaddy is having a sale so I got the two for $14 total (even gave a few pennies to charity).
I still need to upgrade my hosting account. I was hesitant to upgrade from my economy plan because it looks like I will lose out on the last 5 months. I need to call customer support and see if I can just upgrade until my renewal date.
But I'm pleased with the domains I picked up.

Got around to calling customer service and they upgraded my hosting account for just $3 a month. Very pleased with this result. I won't be able to set up my site until tomorrow though. He said it takes 24 hours sometimes to complete the upgrade. So today I'm going to choose a CSS template (there's plenty of free ones available - easier then setting one up from scratch). I also need to choose one or two offers to start with. So those are my two goals for today.

So far so good - i love the gaming domain!

Congrats on taking action bro your on the first steps!

Whats next? traffic source?

If he picks a traffic source initially he can build his website around that source!

What kind of traffic source would you recommend? I was thinking of building a link wheel with a few spun articles. Also I have various advertising credits since I have an account with GoDaddy. I downloaded that tutorial video about using Google Ads for cheap, so that's another way I could drive traffic.

I have picked out a template and I am in the process of building the site. The site will not be all offers, I don't think a visitor would like that. So they will be interspersed throughout the site. I will try to provide some actual content to give the site some value to the visitor.

Yesterday I wasn't able to get anything done due to other commitments, but today I got started on my first site. Its pretty simple but also provides some content for users. I will mix in my various offers throughout the site to make it look as organic as possible. If you want to check it out, I'd appreciate any kind of feedback. The links don't work yet, I still need to get around to that. GamingDeals.info

Organic traffic takes ages especially with sites that have less content, usually months. I suggest that you drive traffic through PPC and if you don't want to that, through videos to online video site like YouTube etc. Game fans go to YouTube a lot. You can use the free version of Animoto to make short videos. Use a dummy account since YouTube also does not like affiliate marketers.

question: I know you're promoting via a website and SEO.... I was wondering if you were using a domain name that's relevant to your offer or were you using a generic domain name and SUBdomains that were relevant to more than one offer....

edit: nevermind. I see the link to your site

Organic traffic takes ages especially with sites that have less content, usually months. I suggest that you drive traffic through PPC and if you don't want to that, through videos to online video site like YouTube etc. Game fans go to YouTube a lot. You can use the free version of Animoto to make short videos. Use a dummy account since YouTube also does not like affiliate marketers.
I would also do this with youtube for the quick income, and then meanwhile build up unique content and back links to gain organic traffic.

Hey Iebo and All..

Sorry for coming here Late lol...

Need Quick Traffic ? Try This:

Register on Video Sites like- Youtube, Dailymotion, etc.., Article sites like- Goarticles, Scribd, etc...

For video sites- Make 3-4 Videos or buy from Fiverr. Create short 3-4 minutes video but make sure the starting of video is attractive ;)

Post the videos to youtube, dailymotion with a nice short description and a link to your site. No one reads a long desc, Even sometimes they dont read desc just click on the site( I Do this) LOL

Get 2-3 Articles full with your keyword and get it all over the Internet !!

You'll see traffic real QUICK !!

Regards
~Sam~

PS: Tip was for Iebo LOL... But feel free to use it for yourself too :D :D

I haven't been updating lately because I haven't done too much with my site. I wasn't happy with how it looked (too cluttered), so I've moved some things around. I also got approved for Amazon's affiliate program, so I can add some rich content to my site through them.
In other news, I got approved by BLAMads, which surprised me, because I figured I hadn't heard from them in so long that they had rejected me. So that was a nice surprise.
I have to pick out some game offers to add to my site now.

I think the most important thing I can do is spend at least an hour a day on my affiliate marketing. Just a little bit every day and I will eventually get where I want to be.

Today I put in my first affiliate offers on my site. Unfortunately when I click to test my link, it appears two of the three I added are no longer running. So that's a bummer. But I have more to choose from so I will keep at it. I also added my first Amazon widget and it looks alright. The content is definitely relevant to my site though the look is a little blah. It would be nice if I could change the color scheme of the widget. Still, it will give my visitors some rich, often changing content to check out.

Today I put in my first affiliate offers on my site. Unfortunately when I click to test my link, it appears two of the three I added are no longer running. So that's a bummer. But I have more to choose from so I will keep at it. I also added my first Amazon widget and it looks alright. The content is definitely relevant to my site though the look is a little blah. It would be nice if I could change the color scheme of the widget. Still, it will give my visitors some rich, often changing content to check out.
Sounds good, are you sure they weren't offers from only available to other countries? if so they redirect to a different offer! Post up some stats and let us see progress!

banners
Back