The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My 7th Affiliate Marketing Website, Hopefully My First Success.

Hello all, I am going to be posting here updates about my site.

My site is focused on Classic Physique Bodybuilding, I'll be selling merch, supplements, training programs, and gym equipment. If I manage to make $100 on this site I'll call it a success. Because like the title says, I've been trying for two years, went through 6 sites already, multiple social media accounts. No traffic, no engagement, no anything. It has been terrible, but I will continue to try.

I am spending more time on the site before it is published compared to what I used to, I want to make sure it is professional and ready-to-go with Wordpress and Woocommerce.

I'll be using a sales funnel, email marketing, and social media to try and drive traffic and sales. I don't know how to drive traffic without a blog and Google SEO, so I'll try that route again.

The plan: Get everything set up, start making a few amazing articles, and ask for people to critique it. Maybe not here, not sure if I'm allowed to post my site here.

2 years, never made a sale. Just wasted money, wasted time. Hope it turns around for me.

Good idea -- a lot of people resolve to start the New Year with dieting and exercise

Apply urgency
My fail consequence is don't meet bills
So it's urgent to get results
If you fail or succeed what your consequence?

Did you read & apply these tips from Optinmonster --> Ultimate List of Blogging Statistics and Facts
If not, schedule it & get done this week
Clock is ticking, Alex

7f1f255af8e40422eeb20c9efc562dc3.gif

Sign up for free semrush.com account and run domain analysis on bodybuilding.com, it gets 2.5 million visits/month from Google US, find keyword with over 30,000 visits/month and dominate it

If you want to be champion, start thinking & acting like champion
That's a good idea. Right now the KWs I'm looking to rank for average about 6-8K/month in searches in US. Once I rank for those I'll start expanding and trying to tank for KWs in the same niche that get 18k+/monthly searches, and so on...

Success is a logical formula
or Just being in the right place at the right time and knowing how to leverage that event.
Be in a position to take advantage of real opportunity and realize it when you see it.

That's a good idea. Right now the KWs I'm looking to rank for average about 6-8K/month in searches in US. Once I rank for those I'll start expanding and trying to tank for KWs in the same niche that get 18k+/monthly searches, and so on...

Good thinking
1st dominate your niche
Then expand carefully

Sign up for free semrush.com account and run domain analysis on bodybuilding.com, it gets 2.5 million visits/month from Google US, find keyword with over 30,000 visits/month and dominate it

If you want to be champion, start thinking & acting like champion
I might need to get the full version of semrush, or a cheaper alternative that does a great job as well. I can view 10 of their keywords.

Out of those ten, 8 have over 30,000 visits a month. However, those are extremely hard to rank for. How would I rank for something like "ab workouts" without extreme domain authority? Just extremely long and quality-filled content?

All of their top-ranked blogs are very short, broad keywords. Would it be better if I target long-tail keywords using something like LongTailPro? I'm not sure

I never used LTP
This is my formula for product SEO

Clothing > footwear > boots

Category..........boots (368k)
Sub cat. 1........boots for women (301k)
Sub cat. 2........leather boots for women (33.1k)
Sub cat. 3....... black leather boots for women (9.9k)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 1) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 2) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 3) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 4) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 5) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 6) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 7) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 8) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 9) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)
Sub cat. 4.......(brand name 10) black leather boots for women (< 5k >)

Total volume = 50k/month
(1,666/day)

Based on only 500/day visit
Conversion rate @ 5% = 25 sales
25 sales x $100 (AOV) = $2,500
$2,500 sales x 5% (comm. rate) = $125/day

This how I reach 2020 target of $3k/month

I might need to get the full version of semrush, or a cheaper alternative that does a great job as well. I can view 10 of their keywords.

Out of those ten, 8 have over 30,000 visits a month. However, those are extremely hard to rank for. How would I rank for something like "ab workouts" without extreme domain authority? Just extremely long and quality-filled content?

What is your objective, Alex?
Need a REALISTIC dollar value & date
Work backwards from there

Semrush pro or guru used to be free 1st 30 days
Now its 1st 7 days
Still you can do alot of competitor analysis in 7 days
Download your reports in XLSX to Google Drive
Best is guru trial (remember to cancel)

Go deeper, rank for long tail first
  • ab workouts (450k)
    • ab workouts for men (27.1k)
      • ab workouts for men at home (??k)
        • six pack ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • flat chest ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • 5 minute ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • 10 minute ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • morning ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • daily ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • bodybuilding ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • best ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • fast results ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • 2020 ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • 2021 ab workouts for men at home (?k)
        • top 10 ab workouts for men at home (?k)
Try not to think too much about volume, competitors & difficult now
Focus on your customer - what makes your site worth visiting? what makes your content stand out? are you adding value or just cloning?

What is your objective, Alex?
Need a REALISTIC dollar value & date
Work backwards from there
I do appreciate all of this help and insight you're giving me.

I have a short-term goal, a mid-term goal, and a long-term goal.

Short-term, I want to make $100 profit. I've gone 2 years without one sale, and I'm taking a much different approach this time around. I will be a lot more engaged with the marketing and selling process, and I hope to make a few sales, or one sale, adding up to $100 profit per month..

Mid-term, (2-3 years or so) I want to make at least $2,000 a month. This would supply my income amazingly, and seems like a fairly realistic goal to shoot for from what I hear from other people.

Long-term (5 years) I want to make at least $5,000 a month. Then I could take what I did and duplicate it. Perhaps this goal wouldn't just be filled by one site, perhaps I would make another? We'll see when I get to it.

I do appreciate all of this help and insight you're giving me.
Smart ones on forum wants you to be successful
Surround yourself with winning mindset

I have a short-term goal, a mid-term goal, and a long-term goal.

Perfect, 50% complete, next choose dates for your calendar (very important)

Short-term, I want to make $100 profit. I've gone 2 years without one sale, and I'm taking a much different approach this time around. I will be a lot more engaged with the marketing and selling process, and I hope to make a few sales, or one sale, adding up to $100 profit per month..

Do you want $100 profit or $100/month profit, and on what date/s? Be specific

Mid-term, (2-3 years or so) I want to make at least $2,000 a month. This would supply my income amazingly, and seems like a fairly realistic goal to shoot for from what I hear from other people.

Yes it's possible
November and half December I earned this
But again, be specific, what date?
"2-3 years or so" is not target

Long-term (5 years) I want to make at least $5,000 a month. Then I could take what I did and duplicate it. Perhaps this goal wouldn't just be filled by one site, perhaps I would make another? We'll see when I get to it.

@Graybeard is correct, "The money will follow those KPIs"
I recommend you take 10 minutes now to set your dates
Then write it down and keep in sight

“Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass” (Napoleon Hill)

Smart ones on forum wants you to be successful
Surround yourself with winning mindset

Perfect, 50% complete, next choose dates for your calendar (very important)

Do you want $100 profit or $100/month profit, and on what date/s? Be specific

Yes it's possible
November and half December I earned this
But again, be specific, what date?
"2-3 years or so" is not target

@Graybeard is correct, "The money will follow those KPIs"
I recommend you take 10 minutes now to set your dates
Then write it down and keep in sight

“Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass” (Napoleon Hill)
Alright. I don't expect anything before I head back to school January 15th, (According to Income School and WA it takes at least 6-8 months before Google will rank you and you start producing traffic, not too sure anymore though)

I want to reach my first goal by August 2021. I'll work on the business through my 2nd semester of college, I'll be working as a real estate agent during the summer and I can use some of that income to supply the business, and by August I want to have a stable business.

I'm not sure what sales conversion quantity is good or not, I assumed it depended on the site. Some focus on small-ticket items, and need to sell 100 $10 items to make $1000. Others sell 1 $1,000 item. Previously, I focused on items that I thought would sell easy, such as $10 books from Amazon where I would profit $0.48 per sale. Terrible idea, I want to start targeting higher-ticket products now, so I won't need as many sales conversions to hit my goal.

As for the payout ratio, I see some decent affiliate programs my niche paying 20%. I'll also use some programs that pay 7-8% because I like their products a lot.

Not sure if I answered correctly, I'd be glad to answer anything else you guys have for you guys to better help me. When, not if, I am successful, I'll certainly pay back to the community. Feel bad taking without giving, but I suppose it's part of the process. Then one day I can start giving back.

Whoa. Just looked on uberuggest after never having done a domain analysis of my 6th site (the most recent failure) it has 69 backlinks somehow? I didn't even think I had that many visits. According to Google Search Console I only have 6 visits. Ubersuggest also says I am ranking for 15 different keywords.

Interesting. It may not be as bad as I thought.

In my opinion youtube beat sites very easy . I find ten times more easy to convert with youtube . I dont say your strategy its not good ,but if in 2 years you dont make a sale its not good . In this field never put your eggs in one single basket .Try to combine seo with somehing else like youtube ,email marketing ,facebook groups etc . I like that you dont give up and you continue to keep going

According to Income School and WA it takes at least 6-8 months before Google will rank you and you start producing traffic, not too sure anymore though
If SEO takes 6-8 months ?? :confused:o_O:eek:

Please fill the blanks ;)

Short Goal 1 --> $(amount) on (month) (date), (year)
Medium Goal 2 --> $(amount) on (month) (date), (year)
Long Goal 3 --> $(amount) on (month) (date), (year)

Forget money goals --go for sales conversion quantities and payout-ratios
Great advice, it's a numbers game, you gotta learn how to crunch those numbers.

I dont say your strategy its not good ,but if in 2 years you dont make a sale its not good
Somehow, this sentence sums up your situation exactly :D

Making sales with a blog and SEO is going to be tough in your niche, that's a long term statergy that takes alot of work. Most people have no idea just how much time and effort it takes to rank a blog and get enough traffic to make significant sales.
I'm with The Legend on this and would deffinatley go with Youtube. Instagram would also be worth a shot, you might be able to pull traffic from reddit and there are some paid traffic sources in your niche that would be worth the investment. By all means start a blog, you'll definatley need it, just don't expect too many sales from it to start with.
Good luck mate, I'm looking forward to following your success. :cool:

banners
Back