The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My 1st Niche

No problem at all. If I were you, I would not care that much about the website - I would just name it somehow so it`s obvious what it`s about, but nothing to think about a lot, for sure.

While different strategies work for different people I don't agree with this one, especially for newbies. Ideally IMO you want an easy to remember, brandable .com keyword rich domain. It will help with search engine ranking, it will help with marketing and conversion rates too if it sounds good and has the keywords in it. (Good .coms are still easy to find if you think creatively.)

I also don't agree with just putting up a squeeze page. It's the content that is going to attract free search engine visitors. Otherwise you have to devote too much time and money to marketing to get traffic.

Additionally average online conversion rates are 2% and you are quoting 30 - 50% conversion rates. Don't think that is doable for a newbie.

While different strategies work for different people I don't agree with this one, especially for newbies. Ideally IMO you want an easy to remember, brandable .com keyword rich domain. It will help with search engine ranking, it will help with marketing and conversion rates too if it sounds good and has the keywords in it. (Good .coms are still easy to find if you think creatively.)

I also don't agree with just putting up a squeeze page. It's the content that is going to attract free search engine visitors. Otherwise you have to devote too much time and money to marketing to get traffic.

Additionally average online conversion rates are 2% and you are quoting 30 - 50% conversion rates. Don't think that is doable for a newbie.

I agree Linda.

One page squeeze sites will be more challenging to market and get the opt-in as time goes on.

Content and context together are king.

So...

Yes, list building IS important, don't get me wrong...but a different approach, one that provides more content and value upfront to the visitor is EXTREMELY important.

They will opt-in if they choose to, but "squeezing" them into the opt-in will be less and less effective as time goes on.

The website needs to be one of your focuses of attention. It cannot be ignored or shortcut.

In addition to what Linda mentioned above, depending on niche I recommend a piece of downloadable content upfront or other value added content piece that a visitor doesn't have to "opt-in" to get. No, not just an enhanced squeeze page, but a whole site that adds value for the visitor.

That piece (and site) can market your opt-in list as part of offering content, but more importantly the easy to get content qualifies your visitor as being more interested in what you're offering.

1000 email/mail readers are great...

1000 targeted, interested email/mail readers are golden.

Sorry, rambled a little there. :D

Hey Alex since you are being have given such a good info here , I would like to ask you a question regarding niche. Last night it suddenly striked my brain regarding a problem that is in me. I really lack a skill when it comes to making decisions and also am really hyperactive. This problem will be common to other as well ,

can you tell me if it I want to write on this niche is it ok? and also when you say targeting a specific group , which group can be targeted for this niche?

HI all,

thanks for your feedback.

The domain name - keywords included might help, but that depends only on the strategy.

Ok, just to let you know what I talk about really works, look at one of my and my partner`s sites - afftricks.com. Is it keyword rich? No at all. Actually, there`s nothing to look at, when on the website. Because there`s only a single squeeze page on it.

Now, about the traffic. Go to Alexa.com, and see the traffic rank of the website. It`s about 100.000, which means this website is getting a decent amount of traffic. Hundreds of visitors per day. And we only started to work on it in mid August. Now, 20% of the traffic comes from Google. Why? Because our website is optimized well for search engines. We don`t have a blog or anything at all on that domain, just the squeeze page.

Content will only help you to get more search engine traffic. But I use it differently. My main page is still the squeeze page. But I might want to create a simple blog for the free organic traffic, and that blog would have great content and link to my squeeze page, so people come and opt in.

Linda, the conversions I am talking about are the conversions when you promote products to your list. If you build good relationship, they can be very, very high. I never got lower than 16% when marketing to my list. 2% conversion is for the COLD traffic. When you promote something on the website, for people who come to it for the first time. Then 2 out of 100 might buy.

RichKid,

What you are talking about, is not a niche. These are problems. And the people who have these problems, might just be people like you. Who are you - a student, a young father, a young single man, etc. Just stick yourself to a group you best belong to, find 10 more problems, and this can be a good niche.

Have a great day everyone :)
Alex

In addition to what Linda mentioned above, depending on niche I recommend a piece of downloadable content upfront or other value added content piece that a visitor doesn't have to "opt-in" to get. No, not just an enhanced squeeze page, but a whole site that adds value for the visitor.

That piece (and site) can market your opt-in list as part of offering content, but more importantly the easy to get content qualifies your visitor as being more interested in what you're offering.

1000 email/mail readers are great...

1000 targeted, interested email/mail readers are golden.

Joseph, I absolutely agree with you. The visitors MUST be targeted and interested in what I have to offer.

The way I do this, is I get them to be extremely interested in what I offer, BEFORE they visit my squeeze page. My articles, my blogs that drive traffic to my squeeze page, do the job. THAT content is what makes my visitors hungry for my giveaway, that they can download after they signup. The "easy to get content" in my case, is the articles, and blogs, and anything else that drives traffic to my squeeze pages.

So I get the same result - targeted, qualified visitors on my list, but I save weeks on building a website.

Alex

Joseph, I absolutely agree with you. The visitors MUST be targeted and interested in what I have to offer.

The way I do this, is I get them to be extremely interested in what I offer, BEFORE they visit my squeeze page. My articles, my blogs that drive traffic to my squeeze page, do the job. THAT content is what makes my visitors hungry for my giveaway, that they can download after they signup. The "easy to get content" in my case, is the articles, and blogs, and anything else that drives traffic to my squeeze pages.

So I get the same result - targeted, qualified visitors on my list, but I save weeks on building a website.

Alex

Ahhh, but why not have it all on the same site. ;) Sure you put some work in upfront, but Google will love ya AND you'll get your targeted readers.

Hey Alex since you are being have given such a good info here , I would like to ask you a question regarding niche. Last night it suddenly striked my brain regarding a problem that is in me. I really lack a skill when it comes to making decisions and also am really hyperactive. This problem will be common to other as well ,

can you tell me if it I want to write on this niche is it ok? and also when you say targeting a specific group , which group can be targeted for this niche?

Richkid, a lot of this thread is waaay above my newbie head - but there is one thing that occurs to me that you might want to think about when considering hyperactivity as a niche. What are you going to offer the readers that will help them with their problems caused by hyperactivity. If you're considering links to online pharmacies or non-traditional/herbal remedies, be very careful.

Ahhh, but why not have it all on the same site. ;) Sure you put some work in upfront, but Google will love ya AND you'll get your targeted readers.

Oh, one simple reason for that:

if I focus on puppy owners, and want to have content for the "how to stop the puppy from barking", I can find more than 15 keywords to say the same thing.

Now, I definitely cannot rank high on Google for all of the 15 keywords, if I write one, extremely good article on my website. BUT - if I have 15 or 10 different articles, focusing on solving the same problem, on DIFFERENT pages such as squidoo, hubpages, blogger, ezinearticles, etc., I can easily rank for each of the keywords. And I have all the chances for dominating this niche.

By just having this content as one article on my website, I have to work very, very hard, and not sure, if that`s even possible to rank for 15 different keywords.

Hope this clears my position :)

Richkid,

Maybe you would like to work on Teens`parents as a niche? They have so many problems! Hyperactivity might be one of them, but if you do some research, you`ll find dozens more like relationship, early dating, risk of drugs, etc. And this niche can be really very profitable.

Best,
Alex

banners
Back