The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

MSN beats out Google and Yahoo hands down

L

lovely

MSN search may be a little more spammy than Yahoo and Google search engine, but it does have one thing going for it that Yahoo and Google did not have. Yahoo and Google clearly do an excellent job with news, but when talking about regular website content.

Google’s algorithm is so preoccupied with killing spam it doesn’t handle new web content well. New websites can be held out of Google’s search rankings for months at least 4 to 6 months before index. This delay on Google’s part is commonly referred to as the “sandbox†by the SEO community.

Yahoo does not have a significant delay like Google, but it is still slow with indexing content - well maybe not indexing, but getting that content to show in the search results. Yahoo, however, does an excellent job with blogs and displays very recent blogs in its results.

Google and Yahoo provide less spammy results, but for the most recent content on the web MSN beats out Google and Yahoo hands down.

Another point you can add that Yahoo and MSN Search have much higher keyword density tolerance as compared with google, but still google is No 1, and webmaster's first choice.

Yes etechsupport, I agree with you that google is No 1, and webmaster's first choice generally but in terms of most recent content in search engine I will vote for MSN :)
Regards,
Lovely

MSN is good etc etc but number 1 position on page 1 of MSN will not deliver half the traffice number 10 postion on page 3 of google delivers.
This is one of the reasons I don't take much notice of Yahoo and MSN.

Please don't mind, for me MSN is dead man moving on oxford street at midnight.

Oxford street? the most famous shopping street in Europe! No way, MSN its more like a dead man walking on the darkest most obscured street in the most remote part of the British isle, every one knows he is there, everyone knows he is walking but no one can see him :)
Not a bad analogy for a search engine with the might of Microsoft behind it but only manage to accounts for a disappointing 0.0001 of the search result on the internet . Well, I exaggerated a little bit :)

You are right, my point is that it is not visible at most famous shopping street even.

temi said:
MSN is good etc etc but number 1 position on page 1 of MSN will not deliver half the traffice number 10 postion on page 3 of google delivers.
This is one of the reasons I don't take much notice of Yahoo and MSN.

Yes Temi I agree with you, but why is it take google too much time to index sites?
Regards,
Lovely

Lovely, pm me the url, and I will take a look for you. Google is great at indexing if you get some backlinks, and make life easy for them. I have a client site that I put in place the first round of technical bits n pieces last week, and today the site has 435 pages indexed.

Thanks OldWelshGuy, non of my site have problem with google nor yahoo :) but I just want them to be more faster in indexing new site. But is it a problem for google to index new web content without backlink?

Regards,
Lovely

if you're looking for fairly common knowledge info use google - it'll give you a more respected websites in results. If the information is obscure ise yahoo/msn as their keyword orientated searches will provide the mosta ccurate results when google will show you high ranking and respected but irrelevant sites.

lovely said:
But is it a problem for google to index new web content without backlink?

Yes it certainly is. You need decent backlinks really to maximise the speed your site is indexed, and preferrably going to different pages within your site. A couple of deep links to a site will get the spiders running all over it in no time.

banners
Back