The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Monetizing Websites, How Soon?

rhyswynne

affiliate
Hi everybody :)

One site I am working on at the moment is beginning to get some response, traffic is up, subscriptions are up, and forum participation is up. All in all, I'm a happy chappy.

People have started coming to me for monetization. The fact is, that I'm not sure I want to monetize it any more just this second (the reason being is that I want to produce more content first, and the second reason is that they are after text links on the home page etc. which I don't want to sell anyway).

Question is, I do want advertisers, but on my terms. Do you feel that I should spend a day or two crafting a nice advertisment page, it may attract the right sort of advertisers, instead of getting the ones I don't want. On the other hand, I don't particularly want to scare off my community I've built up. There are adverts in terms of affiliate links to relevant products, but it doesn't look like I'm actively soliciting.

Or am I getting myself in a tiff for no reason? :)

Do you feel that I should spend a day or two crafting a nice advertisement page, it may attract the right sort of advertisers, instead of getting the ones I don't want.

I think a nice informative advertisement page is always a good idea. I would state what advertisements you accept and what you don't accept etc. I wouldn't list any prices but maybe be negotiable by contact through email or IM etc..

On the other hand, I don't particularly want to scare off my community I've built up.

If you initially promised your community an ad free environment it might scare them off if you start having ads.

Otherwise, you won't scare the community off as long as you don't go overboard on the advertising. Stick to a couple spots at first, filling in any blank spots on your site.

Most people know websites need some money to stay afloat.

I feel creating a page and explaining about all the ads space and types of ads that will be allowed will be a good way to start off.

I start immediately with AdSense and affiliate banners. Then again, I can usually get immediate traffic to a new site by linking to it from a few of my established sites. But regardless - there's no reason not to monetize (to some degree, even if small) immediately. In fact, plan it into the design of your site from the beginning.

A rule I learned early on: every site should pay its own rent.

If you build a community on an adfree site they may not appreciate ads appearing overnight, so you might be better off starting sooner rather than later so that they don't get a big shock :)

you can use smartppc evo, back-end decision, there you can set key waords, prices, payment schemes etc. for your advertisers and ads displayed on your web will fit the content of your web, just injoy and make money=))

The sooner you monetize your website, the faster you can sart making money. One way of making money online is through Google Adsense and the other way to make money with your website is to work as an affliate marketer. Spend your time promoting your websiteas early as possible and you can make money soon.

Hello
Some people actually do really well with this and make a nice income doing it. With all the ways out there to monetize your website, we could never cover them all in one article. So, we'll give you some simple ideas you can implement right away.

First though, before you start monetizing your site, there are a couple of things that you’ll need to know.
1. It's a good ideas to wait until you have about thirty pages of content before you start monetizing your website. If you are too eager and start running your ads too soon, you’ll be committing Search Engine Suicide. It usually takes at least 30 pages of good relevant content before the directories will accept your website. These directories give you quality back links and credibility with the search engines.
2. In order to monetize you need good content. You will need information-rich, valuable content for your readers – and search engines. If your readers like what you're doing, they'll be much more likely to stick around - and the longer they stick around, the higher the chance you have of monetizing you website.
3. The number of pages of content is not the only important element in your monetization. You should also have thirty or so steady visitors per day before you start monetizing. Who's going to buy your stuff, if no one is visiting your site? So be patient.
4. So if you have your 30 pages (at least) of good content, a good steady stream of visitors, you are ready to go. We’ll go over some basic ways you can monetize your website.
• Affiliate programs. We already talked about this, so I won’t go into it again too much here. You sign up with an online merchant, place their add/link on your site, and every time a visitor from your site clicks through the merchant link and makes a purchase, you get a commission. Amazon, E-bay, E-books are all examples of affiliate programs.
• Click bank. This is a kind of middleman between an affiliate (you) and the on-line merchant. Click bank takes care of the order processing and billing. You select the products you’d like to sell on your site, and when your visitor makes a sale it goes through Click bank.

MI
Back