The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Mobility of Your Websites

espmartin

affiliate
How important is it to you (and your site, depending on you niche)
for your sites to render fine in cell phones/mobile devices?

The Opera browser has a “view in mobile device” mode, and so I was
wondering if you all check for that in your designs?

I would say that this is not down to us to decide, i always follow the standards to the extend possible, and expect the browser developers of such devices to do the same. Otherwise we would quite simply be back in the 90ties or worse.

These devices are also more or less useless when browsing the net, the rendering of pages is similar to text based browsers in older mobiles. Only very few people actually uses them for such purposes, unless its something like Ringtones or News they are looking for.

Some claim that XHTML renders better in such devices, which simply isnt the case. Keeping the HTML valid would be just as effective.

Futher more, most people do prefer to view websites on real computers. This is mainly due to the limited usability of such devices, as most of them are considered impractical to use. And thats not because the website they are trying to view where poorly designed, its rather an issue with the imature browsers in the devices.

Browser developers however seam to have a long history of neglecting their responsibility to fix bugs, and add support for new standards. That's nothing new, i however refuse to design a separate site aimed at such bugs or missing features.

I usually don't even support IE6 in my pages.

Last edited:
MI
Back