The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Mister Wong

Gorkfu

affiliate
I just noticed mister wong in the bookmarks plugin on this forum. That is the first I've ever heard of that social bookmarking site. I really think there are way too many social bookmarking sites now. It's getting a little nutty.

I think you are right Gorkfu, but none of those website has the same conception. If we see the 3 biggest one: Reddit, Delicious, and Digg I think the most social is defenetly the Digg. I don't know what kind of service does the mister wong website offer for the visitor, but it is defenetly different from the known ones.

I was using Mr. Wong and I must say that it just did fine on my traffic.. though Digg is more powerful same as to Stumble.. :)

Squidoo is also getting popular. A lot of webmasters from other forums recommends creating a squidoo lens :)

I don't know why all webmasters recommend Squidoo - they are ignorant perhaps.

I am on Squidoo & so are most of the guys here! It is not the traffic driver or PR giver if these are the 2 things you are after. Ok I get a link - but you have to treat it like any other site & link to it and keep logging in and keep making comments on other lenses!

Once you stop the above, your lens nose dives to the bottom of the lens ranks.

You have to work hard at your Squidoo lens for it to be of any significance & for you to make money!

I might as well work hard on my own site & get traffic etc for my self.

For me, SU & digg have been driving spikes of traffic - they come & go - if someone is kind enough to review my site(s) - I get a no follow link!

There is nothing like your own site - & working hard either on Squidoo or any other site - will pay dividends.

To me it makes sense to work on my sites - rather than squidoo!

There are a few guys who like squidoo & work hard on it! But they do it for money & not for link Juice as "PR whores" call it!

Squidoo is also getting popular. A lot of webmasters from other forums recommends creating a squidoo lens :)

To me it makes sense to work on my sites - rather than squidoo!

I agree! Squidoo did seem a bit too much of a task and time consuming to pay attention to. Although those links could help just a smidgen with the search engines.

For me ... Mister Wong is waste of time ... I've tried Mr Wong for few days but didn't get any visitors at all. Too bad for me I guess - I won't believe all my articles were crap!

Digg has been a good source of traffic for me ... excellent visitors, main point is they are targetted visitors, they really interested in the subject ... they just don't fly from another planet from stumbleupon visitors.

I'm very new to squidoo, but found that it is very very tough to have a nice squidoo as presentation is everything here ... no keywords, no meta tags are going to work. So good writers would do better in that ... squidoo is not for me.

Your right there are so many bookmarking site, but not all of them is cache. Choose also bookmarking site that is cache. you can know if a site is cache by going to google and type cache: (site URL)

..... you have to treat it like any other site & link to it and keep logging in and keep making comments on other lenses!

Once you stop the above, your lens nose dives to the bottom of the lens ranks.

Just in response to this, lens rank has very little relation at all to anything outside of the squidoo 'community'. OK if you have a high one you'll get more traffic from squidoo members, and links to your squidoo lens will appear higher up pages of internal links on squidoo (there are lots of internal links on squidoo!), but it has no relation to how a search engine would see the content of that page. Don;t get trapped in the cycle of chasing lensrank, if you create something good and worthwhile with relevant content and links it will get traffic, which if used rightly will flow to your main site or affiliate links as you wish.

I know a number of lensmasters have 'seasonal' lenses that drop like a stone in lensrank outside of the targetted season, yet when it rolls around again gets lots of traffic.

I'll get back to the other thread in relation to your other point. (then maybe I'll get a chance to find out what Mr Wong is about!)

Thanks for clearing the "lens rank", Roo!

Lots of webmaster's make a lot of hullabaloo about squidoo, which in my opinion is unjustified!

Just my 2c!

I have heard of mr wong but it is one of those sites that i have not got around to registering with yet i will be trying it out though who knows it may be worth my while.

MI
Back