Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Misleading Keyword Research Pitfalls: An Advanced Tutorial

D

djbaxter

Misleading Keyword Research Pitfalls: An Advanced Tutorial
Daily SSO Tip
July 1, 2011

Earlier today I had a friend of mine visit me at my pad and he looked quite worried . When inquired I realized that he was worried about his site not doing good enough in the search results and making even lesser money for him from even little traffic that he received. He was clueless about why a site wont rank in the search engines when the keyword research was done, on-page optimization was at its best, there were natural links built to the site, except that he was wrong about a small part ? the keyword research was not done right!

It is no brainer that the friend in the picture is just a metaphor to symbolize any webmaster or a writer out there suffering from the same dilemma ? why does my site not perform like I want it to even when the right keywords are selected. The simple answer ? the keywords are wrong ! You could end up choosing the wrong keyword even if you have the best tools for keyword research . Find out how your keyword research tools can be deceptive and how to make sure they don?t!

Difference between broad match and exact match
Every keyword research tool presents a broad match and an exact match for each keyword and there is a lot of difference between those numbers. While an exact match will tell you how many times the keyword has been searched ?as is? but the broad match will only give you a rough estimate of the number by including the semantic keywords in the deal. It might sound silly but more than half of the people have their ?exact match? option turned off out of sheer ignorance. Don?t forget to turn it on the next time you are trying to find a good keyword.

Read more...

a big trick to keywords and ranking is to choose "long tail" keywords to rank for. It is too difficult to rank for highly popular keywords that have already been saturated.

banners
Back