The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Minor details that can boost CTR.

W

wsmbrandon

minordetailsthatcanboostctr.jpg

Minor details that can boost CTR

In this guide I will walk you through 5 minor changes you can make to your landing pages to make major results in your CTR.

CTR

I just wanted to talk about minor details in dating landing pages (CPL) that can help boost CTR%.

These are some common issues I see while looking over landers, or easy things that can be done to improve landers that people aren't implementing.

The image provided is just meant to highlight the points I’m making. Not great design by any means just a visual aid.

The blue numbers on the image will coincide with the number below.

#1 - - - Always make sure your copyright on the bottom of your landing page is up to date. Especially if you rework old landing pages and don’t have it automated with code. Making sure this is correct will add to the comfort of the consumer, as some can be wary of online advertisements.

#2 - - - I have found that adding green or red glowing dots to images can add to the effect that the images being used are actual users that are online and offline. Ad-copy will sell an offer but in most cases in the dating vertical, if they get to your landing page it’s because they’ve seen an image they like.

#3 - - - For image selection there are quite a few things you want to keep in mind. If you are going for a broad audience make sure you have a little bit of everything to offer, simply because each person’s tastes will vary. Assuming men are the targets of the lander have a blonde bombshell, an emo/punk girl, the girl next door, or a nerdy/music loving redhead. Not saying this is the key mix of girls but you want to have a solid selection of girls to cover a wide variety of tastes if you decide to target broad. In my opinion the more the merrier as long as the page doesn’t look cluttered. This also holds true for targeting women on a broad offer. If the offer is niche specific obviously you will want to get images relating to the niche, BUT still try to get a variety of girls or guys that fit into the niche.

#4 - - - You want your call to action to pop and get the consumers attention. Color scheme has a ton to do with grabbing attention. There are many ways to achieve this, going completely against the color scheme of the whole page to draw the eye. For example if the page is red and black, you can make your call to action bright yellow or green. Another way I personally have seen good results from staying with the same color scheme and just reversing it as depicted in the image. When something isn’t consistent the eye is drawn toward it, remember the old games they had on Sesame Street, one of these things just doesn’t belong? Same exact concept in most cases the human brain needs to categorize and make patterns and will notice something doesn’t belong or is inconsistent.

#5 - - - Adding a user name to the images will help coincide with #2, and saying online or offline in accordance with the glowing dot will add to effect they are users even if they are not.

There are many more tips and tricks to be discussed this is just the first installment of a series I plan on doing. If you have anything to add feel free to do so below. Whether you agree or disagree, or just want to comment please do so. Also if you need help feel free to PM me I will gladly do whatever I can to help out.

The Dojo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a great way to introduce yourself to The Dojo - thanks man, looking forward to more guides soon.

Nice Post.

I do a lot of paid advertising and I agree with what you have to say. When I create landers I realize that simple is best. Honestly the more lazy I am with a lander the more conversions I get. Maybe I am just lucky but thats the way it has been for me. Just my 2 cents.

All I want to add is 3 things:

Simple
Simple
Simple

banners
Back