The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Microsoft Expression what the hell is it?

temi

affiliate
I do not design website this day, I keep coming across this thing called microsoft expression, what the heck is it, does anyone here us it for web development?

lol i been trying to hunt it out since it was mentioned in the web design contest, as far as a piece of design software i cant see it being up to much but on closer looking it is actualy 4 different things beign web, design, media & blend. You can also buy all 4 as a suite.

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/

Microsoft is one of the craziest company when it comes to naming a product, someone said its actually a glorified FrontPage, they has a web development tool which I can't quite remember what is called any more which I used about 8 years ago. Anyway, good luck to those using it, I don't do much web design any more, just modify stuff using my text pad :)

I am still looking for someone who can do expression web tutorial, send me a PM if you can.

Thanks

The Expression suite is basically the same as the Adobe software suite... aiming towards web designers for the most part. I have never used any of them myself. I think adobe still has most of that market. I too only use a text pad program. Any GUI interface like DreamWeaver or in this case, Microsoft's Expression Web Designer just make things worse and harder in my opinion. You have more control when you really "know" a language and use only a text pad.

Edit: I just realised after posting I said "Adobe" and should be saying Macromedia. I'm still not use to that buy out, lol.

I find expression web easier to use than dreamweaver. I was saving up to get dreamwaver whilst at college when we got the software free with out course. At first getting used to it was a bit slow but after a while I liked it alot. I use dreamweaver at work and would love the oppurtunity to have Expression Web at work. I find that the layout is a lot better and easier. But its only one mans opinion.

Danny,
Do you have example of sites you designed with expression?

I find expression web easier to use than dreamweaver. I was saving up to get dreamwaver whilst at college when we got the software free with out course. At first getting used to it was a bit slow but after a while I liked it alot. I use dreamweaver at work and would love the oppurtunity to have Expression Web at work. I find that the layout is a lot better and easier. But its only one mans opinion.

banners
Back