The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Matt Cutts on Directories and Paid Directory Links

I too agree with your opinion. Directories should provide value to the searchers. In the name of PageRank, most of the BIG directories like Alive and Aviva has lost importance.

I agree as well that they should have value to regular searchers but the fact is most would fit in these guidelines to a degree. I think more than anything for me to pay for a directory submission the directory must have been around for a minimum three years, PR of at least 4 with inner PR on all major pages, and the price must be for permanent. Most directories are wastes of time and money since they pop up and shut down plus do not pass any type of link juice plus a lot of the time are not even indexed.

A lot of the time the inner pages of directories are never indexed. If this is the case do not bother linking with them.

If I put a one way link on a directory - it will be a relevant "niche" directory. I don't waste my time with the big boys. They have lost their way.

For sure they must! As for me I do 20 submittions (not every would be approved) every month and see the result in growing traffic.

MI
Back