The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Marketing Toolbar

Diloris

Hi all,

Something I have wondered about and which also might just spark some ideas in some of you after reading this is offering a free downloadable toolbar from your website. The toolbar can be totally related to your website or products and contain lots of different tools such as links, online radio, world wide weather and much more. Has anyone already used toolbars to generate traffic? For anyone interested in creating your own toolbar check out: Conduit.

Here is their page displaying a number of examples of toolbars which have already been created by their members. Example toolbars

Hi Diloris,

You need to be very careful with toolbars. Many get bundled with adware. Some even distribute spyware and malware. Some of the adware actually steals commission. In our biz we call it parasites.

Not saying that company does, but I also don't see a mention of partners or a big red sign saying guaranteed no adware/spyware.

So even if you find out this one is clean, if your niche is internet marketing, lots of people in the know will be afraid to download your toolbar marketing application because they'll be afraid it has adware, spyware or malware.

Conduit seems to be a good company with no adware, spyware, etc associated with their toolbars.

I've had my own Internet marketing-related toolbar offered from my site for a while now and there are quite a few users so far. The cool thing is to add your affiliate links in which any links you offer with it. Very viral. ;)

Regards,

Tony

I even have my own toolbar installed on my home system and my laptop. Since it has my tools, ebooks and links to sites, it's nice to have it all in one place.

Thanks for all the replies.

creating a toolbar does seem to be a little work as there are lots of many possibilities. I suppose it would be advisable to have everything prepared before developing a toolbar and that's a lot of work.

Thanks again for all your input.

I actually add more as I find it and think about it.

The Conduit toolbar has an update feature that lets the user know when more goodies have been added.

Hi Diloris,

You need to be very careful with toolbars. Many get bundled with adware. Some even distribute spyware and malware. Some of the adware actually steals commission. In our biz we call it parasites.

Not saying that company does, but I also don't see a mention of partners or a big red sign saying guaranteed no adware/spyware.

So even if you find out this one is clean, if your niche is internet marketing, lots of people in the know will be afraid to download your toolbar marketing application because they'll be afraid it has adware, spyware or malware.

I agree. Most toolbars are totally infected and totally ineffective. Best to stay away from them..

One of my big concerns about toolbars is a company can be clean and high integrity, then get strapped for cash or even just make a bad decision and partner with someone who they think is clean, who later starts injecting badware through the toolbar.

This is one I think is the coolest marketing toolbar around. You won't believe all it does for niche marketers and KW research. Here's a post I did about it.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...olbar-hot-niche-marketing-tool.html#post15631

Neat concept, but I, too worry about toolbars. In fact, I won't download any more myself, so I'm thinking I shouldn't then expect anyone else to. Would love to hear more experiences with them as they pertain to affiliate marketing.

banners
Back