The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Management?

Meti

affiliate
How do you elect your management users for your board; I think there are examples where staff users argue with each other, and take it out on the board.

This shows the community a bad example, as a good management is needed, the management are there to provide support and assist users through any difficulties and with a bad management, why should the users behave themselves?

I think choosing staff can be a hard task, actually. If you pick the wrong users, you may have issues in the future, if you pick the right ones, they you are a lucky forum owner :)

What's your view?

- Meti

Sadly earlier i had some argue at my forum with one of the moderators, and was very unpleasant, since it wasn't limited only to the backend. I think a forum owner must express his/her proper demands and the moderators must keep that in their mind. I belive that a bunch of senior mods (don't think on the age, but the experience) often create much more enjoyable atmosphere, than a bunch of young ones who prove repeatedly that thay are the greatest.. In my point of view the greatest mod is the person who can serve the newbies more time, and that is the real challange.

Ummm, these fights between mods and between mods and admins is not ordinary. Here at UKWW we just create a nice atmosphere for all users, we contribute with useful post and that is about all. Some of us know the others for quite a while and if there is something to say, it can go on private.

Ummm, these fights between mods and between mods and admins is not ordinary. Here at UKWW we just create a nice atmosphere for all users, we contribute with useful post and that is about all. Some of us know the others for quite a while and if there is something to say, it can go on private.

I agree, but there are examples of other boards where you clearly can see that the management are arguing with each other, I don't really like that. If I see a community that works that way, I don't signup.

- Meti

Well, I think a board should have clear guideliness which is agreement by mods and admins, that way there will be no argument. Arguement between admin and mod can only be back for the board.

Well, I think a board should have clear guideliness which is agreement by mods and admins, that way there will be no argument. Arguement between admin and mod can only be back for the board.

I agree, but it also depends on the integrity of the person, experience and I think the main factor is does the user really want to help the board, I think as a forum owner you should be very careful about choosing staff users.

- Meti

If there is ever an argument between two staff members it should be taken to the internal stuff board, never in public.

Most of the time situations like you describe will happen if you have many "hired" mods.

I have been a moderator on another active board for some time now and the owner always ask our opinion if he wants to invite another person to be a moderator. Most of the time it is a senior member of the forum who has been around for a while and demonstrated respect to other members and made valuable contributions with his posts.

Stuff members can not participate in ANY public argument with members or each other, period...

I agree that there needs to be a careful approach to selecting staff. I also think that
there has to be an honest review of existing staff. For example, over at Digital Point's
forum, there are staff that have been around a very long time, and are very arrogant
and biased towards their friends on that board.

Ummm, I kinda know this situation at DP. Most of those mods are really really arrogant and dont really care about helping the user... I had some "nice" experience over there..

banners
Back