The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Making profit flipping websites?

TeDWooD

Has anyone had any experience flipping websites?
In the income range of around ?1000 .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This COULD be lucrative, but you need to spend a lot of time making the site worth it, so to speak. I bought a domain name about a year ago - its a really nice domain name. The domain is two words, two keywords individually, it has no numbers, no hyphens, its pretty short, etc. I bought it for $100, and right now its worth $500. Just like any other site you want to become successful (if you are selling a product or service for example), you need to UP the worth of the domain name with backlinks and rankings.

So yea, this is possible, but it takes time and determination! Once of the forums you should be checking out (I dont know if this is allowed or not) is a website called NamePros.com

This forum is ALL about helping people like you with questions about appraisals, flipping, how to make your website more popular, what type of website is the most popular for flipping, etc.

I have sold several over the years for a few hundred dollars each. Bought for less than $10. However, when you take the overall volume of domains I own, it probably was a wash over the years. Now, though, for those that I have left, I have nearly all with Adsense for Domains. Not too profitable, but at least it pays the registrar fees on all of them so if I do sell any, that sale now is all profit.

More of a hobby than a job for me. But for some it could make some money if they are smart buying the right names.

Sedo for Parking and Selling

I have found that when I park my domains at Sedo, I get good parking revenues plus their domain sales negotiation engine, so if someone is interested in my domains they can offer money. I have sold quite a few good domains that way. <snip>

For flipping websites, I suggest that building out good content and revenue streams will go a long way to making the site valuable and worth more. There are a number of forums for buying and selling domains and websites and I have seen some good sales on eBay as well.

Buy Good Name, Create a Revenue stream, and sell it.

You can also look and buying sites that you feel have not monetized as well as you think you could and buy them cheap, and make more money from them. My guess is there are a ton of opportunities out there to do this if you are willing to spend the time!

Good Luck!

Adam (The Wiseaff)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't sell any websites yet but i'm planning to do it soon.
During this time, i "studied" Flippa and if you want to sell a website for 1000$ and more, the domain name must be really good (keywords, no numbers, ect), it must already have a good populairty, bigs buyers want a site with a PR at least 3, good Alexa Rank and mostly good traffic and of course, a good revenue is always a plus.
If the website is not very well monetized, buyers should find an idea to earn good money with it before buying it.
The content are very important, it should be unique quality content but i saw some websites who don't have unique content and there still buyers who want to buy it for 100$. Same thing for design.

I sold a few Wordpress Blogs for about $400 a piece and they only had 4 posts. They were generating $16 a month with Adsence and Amazon. The most important thing that people are looking for is revenue. If the site is making $15 or more a month it should sell anywhere from $200 to $400.

Some other factors are:

1) Page Rank
2) First page of Google
3) Unique visitors per month
4) The number of Global Searches for you keywords and Adwords Cost Per Click rate
5) Nice looking or original theme or website
6) Earning Potential
7) How hot the niche is.

Also original content sites sell for more.

Keep in mind though that you should know how to transfer the site buy cloning it and setting up the databases (if it is a Wordpress site).

Seems a little bit tougher today than it was a few years ago. I check out the major website broker sites quite frequnetly and it looks like a lot of quality sites with owners who say they can prove the revenue streams are sitting there with no takers. Just my eye test- I have no real data to back that up.

banners
Back