The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Making affiliate commissions from ebay...

Ebay Affiliate Commissions???

Hi,

I am trying to understand the Ebay affiliate commission structure. I realize you get $20 + from Ebay if someone registers with ebay through your ebay link, and makes a purchase on ebay within 30 days of registering.

But the affiliate commissions you receive when someone, already registered with ebay, clicks on one of your ebay links is what is confusing to me. Some say you receive 50% - 75% of every sale someone makes in an Ebay auction or "buy it now". So, for example, if someone buys a HDTV for $1000 through your ebay affiliate link which is linked to that item you supposedly get 50%-75% of the sale. If this is true then forget all other affiliate programs and just focus on pointing people to ebay auctions and buy it now products.

Just the opposite of this extreme some are saying you only receive 0.10 (10 cents) for every item someone buys on ebay by going through your affiliate link. No matter if they buy a car on ebay for $10,000, or an ebook for 1 penny, you still get only 10 cents per sale. If this is true you just as well point all your ebay affiliate links to penny "buy it now" products so you can earn a lot of dimes very quick.

But am I missing something about the ebay affiliate program? Could someone clarify?

Thanks.

The eBay commissions 50% - 75% are on eBay fees for posting and final value fees when the auction successfully closes. Its still good money if you can direct people to the high end auctions like eBay autos.

Obviously getting a new eBay signup is the best because its a guaranteed good commission. Thats why you see so many eBay sites in the traffic exchanges. eBay's cookies are like 45 days? Is that right?

MI
Back