The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Make 10 Million from Home with Almost No Work - True Story

Linda Buquet

affiliate
When you read the title I bet you thought I was going to rag on another hype-filled eBook, right? Well this story is not pie-in-the-sky sales letter copy - it's for real! "<strong>From 10 Hours a Week, $10 Million a Year</strong>" was published by The <strong>New York Times</strong> yesterday and it's about one affiliate marketer that makes 10 Million a year from home, working only 10 hours a week.

I've <a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/1107/video-millions-in-underwear-from-home.html">blogged</a> <a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/1061/dating-affiliate-10-million.html">several</a> <a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/787/plentyoffish-on-tv-news.html">times</a> in the past about Markus Frind the owner and creator of the phenomenally successful dating site <a href="http://www.plentyoffish.com">PlentyOfFish.com</a>. His success and income are widely publicized and he's a true success story for our industry.

I knew Markus worked from home like most affiliates do. I knew he worked alone, until recently, when he hired a single employee. What I didn't know is that he only needs to work about 10 hours a week to keep his site going and the revenue rolling in. So it's interesting to me to see how he leverages his loyal user base to help him manage the site.

The other thing I REALLY like about this particular version of the 'Markus makes 10 Million' article is that it talks about his affiliate marketing revenue and says his affiliate links are the "most profitable of all." Almost every other Markus article only talks about his Adsense revenue and I know there is no way he could make that much from Adsense alone. I knew lots of his income was from affiliate marketing, it was just never highlighted in any of the articles I've read. So it's nice to see affiliate marketing share the limelight with Markus in a mainstream publication like the New York Times.
<blockquote><strong><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/business/13digi.html?_r=2&ei=5088&en=9a69f05cdc551c11&ex=1357880400&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1200232905-Iiw+Y8Nj+eGcn6PMp7mYxQ&oref=slogin">From 10 Hours a Week, $10 Million a Year - New York Times</a></strong>
"Plenty of Fish displays banner ads, Google-supplied ads and, most profitable of all, “affiliate” marketing links that send users to other dating sites. For example, Mr. Frind said, when one of his customers clicks on an advertisement for a book titled “Double Your Dating” and, after being sent to the publisher’s Web site, ends up buying it for $40, the publisher pays Plenty of Fish a commission — of $40 — for the sale, glad to have landed a customer that past experience shows is a good prospect for “upselling” other goods and services related to dating."</blockquote>
Note to newbies - you CAN make big money like this but the eBooks that promise to teach you how are usually full of hot air. Markus had technology background to help him automate everything and the site has been around for years and he created a good niche EARLY - free dating site, back when everyone else was charging for membership.

I also am pretty sure in the beginning - as he worked to build the site, generate traffic and build a reputation - he didn't work 10 hour weeks.

The Markus story also proves another point I've mentioned a few times - an affiliate site does not have to be pretty to generate traffic and revenue. Ugly sites like PlentyofFish and CraigsList have users flocking to them.

That isn't to say you should build ugly sites, but it proves the value that you offer INSIDE is more important than the outside esthetics.

I am interested in a lot of things that I don't talk about here at 5 Star. Most people would be very bored by some of them. Markus Frind does have an interest in one thing that has always fascinated me that seems very dull to most people.

In addition to his very good technology background, he is also a mathematics wizard. That knowledge of mathematics has been very helpful to him in some of what is needed to make PlentyOfFish function.

Up until about a year ago, Marcus Frind was part of a team that discovered the largest known arithmetic progression of primes. It contained 23 primes. The new record contains 24 primes. Those of you who have a interest in prime numbers will understand this.

There are many people who make large amounts of money with AdSense and Marcus Frind is one of them. There was a famous check he showed from Google for almost a million dollars ($901,733.84). It is in Canadian dollars. Google verified that it was real and was for 2 months.

Here is a link to information about that Google check, his AdSense earnings and a few other bits of information about him Interview with Markus Frind - AdSense Millionaire (Reviewed at WorkHappy.net)

The mention of the affiliate marketing links being the most profitable of all could be a matter of semantics since he gave an example of a $40 commission with an affiliate marketing link and while the typical AdSense click is for much less than $40, he does earn something with each click. He gets a lot of clicks and they add up. It would be nice if it would state how many millions he makes a year from affiliate marketing and how many millions he makes a year from AdSense so that it would be known which produces the most money for him.

It is known and has been verified that he does make millions a year with AdSense. There are reports that his AdSense earnings are around 5 million dollars a year and based upon that AdSense check that was shown, that does seem reasonable. But everything indicates that he earns more than $10,000 a day with AdSense.

But it also looks as if he makes millions a year from affiliate marketing as well. As far as how many millions and from what sources might not be 100 percent clear and sometimes figures are given in Canadian dollars and other times in United States dollars which helps to add to the confusion. However there is little doubt that he is making millions a year from affiliate marketing as well since he is making ten million dollars a year and his AdSense earnings don't add up to 10 million dollars a year.

The bottom line is he is making a good deal of money from both AdSense and affiliate marketing.

While he is a success story that shows that it can be done, it isn't something that is as easy as some might want to believe. There are some other people who are earning very large amounts of money with affiliate marketing as well as from Google AdSense.

The unfortunate thing is there are people selling junk to people with big dreams that makes them honestly believe that they can be making millions upon millions of dollars with almost no effort. They end up being very disappointed when they find out that it isn't as easy as they were made to believe.

There will be more people in the future doing as well as Markus Frind and probably some who will make even more. But it isn't something that a newbie should be expecting to be able to achieve in just a few weeks as some of them believe because of the junk they have purchased and read.

banners
Back