The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Lurkers >.<

It´s really normal, most people will begin with just lurking on a forum that interests them, later joining in a discussion maybe, but thats just the way it works. They usually still generate you ad revenue in some way so it`s not like they cost you anything.

I am fine with people lurking my forum, they add visits and pageviews to my sites stats. Id suggest you have a message pop up suggesting the user should register. Make sure you make the point the point that it is free and takes a minute to start interacting with the community.

Lurkers can be practically inconsequential from the activities of registered users when it comes to monetization through advertising networks since they help inflate a forum, blog, or other website's page view count just as much as a registered member is likely to. The only thing that is lacking with them is the fact that they do not often contribute to discussions, create new threads, or iron out any content of their own for the site. They are just there to - like their name suggests - lurk. If you are creating a forum in the hopes of eventually generating some money, then they don't really matter. In fact, they are beneficial compared to the average visitor who will browse a site for a few seconds to a few minutes before leaving.

MI
Back