The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Low quality traffic that reaches the campaign KPI

suffer_for_money

affiliate
Hi guys,

I have been working in this industry for a while now and I think I could experience enough to make me have my own point of view about some aspects of it. One thing that I still cant get my head around it is how low quality traffic still manages to reach campaigns KPI and the situations that follow this situation.

Lets suppose you have a non-incent offer with a KPI of Day 1 retention >30%. Some of the traffic sent to this campaign reached the KPI, but when you check the activity in-app, there is nothing, no users from that source used the app. This situation happened to me so many times. On one side, the user reached the KPI and will be demand payment, on the other side you know that the traffic had low quality and could be considered fraud/incent, but the KPI was reached.

Have you guys experienced this situation, not only on the publisher side, but also on the advertiser side? My opinion is that, bad traffic should not be billable and offer conditions should be clear from the beginning, but we know there are a lot of players in this field that can manipulate these metrics.

banners
Back