The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Love or Hate the New MyYahoo?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Time is money, right? Well the new My Yahoo is wasting my time and costing me money. It's also REALLY aggravating my carpal tunnel - all these extra clicks to try to fix everything that's broken. Anyone else hating it as much as I do?

After they launched the new My Yahoo awhile back, there was an option to continue to use the old My Yahoo. I reverted back to the old version because to me it's the leanest meanest RSS reader I've found. I <strong>had everything set up so I could quickly scan a ton of feeds which I have to do numerous times per day to stay up on the news and find stories to blog about.</strong>

<strong>Now they flipped a switch without notice. I logged on yesterday and Boom - without my consent I have the NEW version - it's the only option and it sucks! I'm having a myriad of problems.</strong> Half my feeds don't load. Most of my settings are lost. 3/4 of my feeds that were set to show a summary are now title only and have to be changed. Lots of my content is gone. The feeds I have are really hard to read because the headlines are very soft and light colored. Titles need to be big and bold so they stand out as you scan. You can change your background color, but no control over fonts.

So I'm feeling crippled today. Wasted all morning just trying to get 1/2 of it to work. Why in the world would they pull the old one so many of us prefer? It wasn't broken - but the new version is! Hopefully they'll hear all of our complaints and give us the option to use the old one this week. Otherwise this weekend I'm going to have to waste a HUGE chunk of time finding a new reader and I'm pulling all my feeds out of My Yahoo.

/ End rant

MI
Back