The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Lots of content writers here

Spintax

affiliate
Have any of you taken the leap and become Kindle authors, yet? If so, how's it going? Do you write fiction or nonfiction? Was it what you expected?

I have never heard of being a Kindle author and that sounds interesting. I've often thought about being able to someday submit an article to big companies like Yahoo and possibly get published, but now I suppose I'll be looking into becoming a Kindle author as well, since that seems like a little more up my alley. Thanks for the share!

I've looked into self-publishing with Kindle and, I must say, it's pretty intimidating when you hear the success stories weighed against the failures. I know many huge successes had to try for years to be seen before the authors got their time of day. Writing (or typing, rather) an entire book is no easy feat, either. It can take months, even years to complete, and then you may not be satisfied with what you have. A writer at heart is what I am, so I may give it a shot if I have funds to spend in the future.

I've looked into self-publishing with Kindle and, I must say, it's pretty intimidating when you hear the success stories weighed against the failures. I know many huge successes had to try for years to be seen before the authors got their time of day. Writing (or typing, rather) an entire book is no easy feat, either. It can take months, even years to complete, and then you may not be satisfied with what you have. A writer at heart is what I am, so I may give it a shot if I have funds to spend in the future.

I understand what you mean. It's so easy to get discouraged when we hear about the hardships of other writers, but it's important that we continue to trust our gut, and to remember that it doesn't mean that if lots of people failed then we would too. What's important is to not get discouraged enough and to continue to try if it's really what we want. I agree with what you said, though, it may be better to write when we are a little bit more comfortable financially since our minds will be a lot clearer.

banners
Back