The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

lost your mysql root password?

D

dman_2007

If you ever forgot the password of the root user of mysql install, then don't worry. You can easily reset it to something else (though you won't be able to revover the old password). Here's how you can do it :

1) Shut down the mysql server process
2) Restart the server process with these two additional options : --skip-grant-tables and --skip-networking
3) first option will bypass the loading of grant tables, hence anyone will be able to access any database without any need to provide any password. Second option, will turn off networking feature. This will ensure that only those who have access to the system will be able connect to the server.
4) Connect to the server and use UPDATE SQL command to update root password by updating password field in user table in mysql database.
5) log out of the server and then restart it without those two options and you'll be able to log in as root user by using the new password.

Excellent dman, this will be useful for a lot of new sql users, i remember the first time i did this & it was hard to find a simple resource to tell me how to regain access

banners
Back