The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Seeking Help lost helmsman

ftw

I learned about affiliate marketing in February of this year. After everything was ready, I officially started my first campaign in mid-April. Fortunately, like most people, I am not a child of destiny. Of course I lost my first blood,I used the free tracking maxconv and registered TrafficCompany. I have to say that TC's am is the most enthusiastic I have encountered. I started my campaign in TZ, the sweepstake task of cpa0.2$, I was in propellerads, due to the ignorance in the early stage, I spent 20$, and only got back 2$, which was far from what I expected. Later, I didn’t I stopped changing GEO, insisted on sweepstake, and met very good people during this period. They gave me a lot of guidance. I am very grateful for this, and I wish their ROIs are green again. From the direct link to the pre-landing, I have tried everything. I have traveled a lot in the Middle East, but there is still no big change. I started to ask for help on the forum. How should I change the next step? I hope someone can give me some advice. I have some pointers to help me break through the fog and see the light. At the same time, I also hope that novices will communicate with me and share their experiences. Finally, that all my sweepstakes are submitted by pin and roi -90%

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Why TZ (Tanzania)?

I wish their ROIs are green again. From the direct link to the pre-landing, I have tried everything.
The following conditions must be favorable to correct to see a 'green ROI':
  1. The offer itself, and
  2. The the Affiliate Network (when there is one), and
  3. The Traffic Source.
    ALL OF THE ABOVE
You have tried to modify your own 'conversion funnel ' without any real change in results (apparently).
Since your result was not a -0- there is some hope. I would try more GEO's grouped by similar bid cost --only because you did make some sales.

That was my first campaign. I changed a lot of GEOs, from TZ, LK, MA, GN, SA, PK, NL. They were all top offers, but without exception, all failed.
I just don't know how to proceed with the change. Is it because the pin submission is too difficult?

Hello FTW,

sorry to hear about your rough start, but it is good to see you're hanging onto hope!

I recently had a somewhat similar experience with an affiliate of mine. They ran a software campaign with a hard KPI which applied to the rate of purchases / downloads. Even though their PropellerAds traffic from T4 was barely bringing in payers, they insisted on it, because it was cheap. In the end, they did not reach the necessary rate and were not paid. I understand that opening up to more expensive geos after losses would be a difficult choice, so I would definitely follow Graybeard's advice first.

In addition, I can suggest the following:
  • Stick with easy-to-convert SOI offers. Even though the payout is lower, you would get a more representative conversion rate than you would with higher-payout, longer-flow campaigns. This will allow you to continue measuring the effectiveness of your traffic.
  • You already started tampering with your funnel, that is great. Sometimes the tiniest or strangest little changes can make a page resonate with a certain audience. Are you using any spy tools to get information?
  • I work with games and a number of affiliates. Some platforms can easily convert some offers and fail harshly with others. The traffic is all clean, but even PropellerAds is limited. Have you considered giving a try to a couple of other platforms?
  • Finally, new verticals can be another way to go. I can hook you up with some easy-to-convert gaming offers, but from what I hear, dating is considered to be a relatively easy entry point as well.
I wish you success and fulfillment, let us know how your journey continues!

Hello FTW,

sorry to hear about your rough start, but it is good to see you're hanging onto hope!

I recently had a somewhat similar experience with an affiliate of mine. They ran a software campaign with a hard KPI which applied to the rate of purchases / downloads. Even though their PropellerAds traffic from T4 was barely bringing in payers, they insisted on it, because it was cheap. In the end, they did not reach the necessary rate and were not paid. I understand that opening up to more expensive geos after losses would be a difficult choice, so I would definitely follow Graybeard's advice first.

In addition, I can suggest the following:
  • Stick with easy-to-convert SOI offers. Even though the payout is lower, you would get a more representative conversion rate than you would with higher-payout, longer-flow campaigns. This will allow you to continue measuring the effectiveness of your traffic.
  • You already started tampering with your funnel, that is great. Sometimes the tiniest or strangest little changes can make a page resonate with a certain audience. Are you using any spy tools to get information?
  • I work with games and a number of affiliates. Some platforms can easily convert some offers and fail harshly with others. The traffic is all clean, but even PropellerAds is limited. Have you considered giving a try to a couple of other platforms?
  • Finally, new verticals can be another way to go. I can hook you up with some easy-to-convert gaming offers, but from what I hear, dating is considered to be a relatively easy entry point as well.
I wish you success and fulfillment, let us know how your journey continues!
I am very happy to see your suggestion. I am indeed looking for an offer of soi, but T3/4 are basically pins. I used spy tools anstres. After some failures, I thought about changing the direction, but someone Tell me, it shouldn't be easy to change direction. So I lost my helmsman and came here for help

... was my first campaign. I changed a lot of GEOs, from TZ, LK, MA, GN, SA, PK, NL. They were all top offers, but without exception, all failed.
I just don't know how to proceed with the change. Is it because the pin submission is too difficult?
Some carriers offer pin submits and some will not.

Are your ad targets qualified to use (do the segmented carriers allow) the pin sub method?

Are you targeting by mobile carrier and GEO?

Just GEO and device will not work, wifi traffic converts poorly. 4G or 5G + selected carriers.

example (Ad-Maven's interface [this should be available at most ad networks]):
1685447588757.png

Unfortunately, unless you are technically adept: You need to resolve the hostnames of the IP addresses of the traffic to verify if the traffic is from the right carriers you selected from the traffic network.

When you have a representative sample IP list;
  • use a tracker for this, or your server log has the data but would need to be sorted out,
    make the list and I can check it
    with a hostname lookup script I wrote.
  • You must identify the traffic network that the traffic IPs are from
    so the results will be useful (as a review) to all readers.

I started to plan to select only these ips in the tracking, but I found that there were converted ips, but they were not in these areas, so I was at a loss. I also tried to select only 3G, but the effect was not satisfactory

Attachments

• 1685495033223.png
    1685495033223.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 16
Try NL, ES, carriers will be 4G and 5G not wireless or desktop. PK is cheap traffic for a reason.

What languages does the offer have landing pages for?

define 'the tracking'

This is ONLY for postbacks from conversions so...

filled-traffic-source-2b14531b9ab59c14e54ec1cd04aa1965.png

They hide the IP that is why I use my server logs. I think it is considered PII (personally identifying information) by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)

Your server logs tell the truth --every request header has the IP in the request header, so the server knows the IP address (location) to send the response (reply) data to. Think of this as the sender of the email --if you reply, you mail server relays to the sender's mail server address. (theoretically).

Bottom line: set up the ad network's tokens to align with tokens 4,5, 8 and 9 of the tracker 'template' for a postba. That is the best you are going to do probably.

Buy carrier CPC --is that available? You may be better of to pay CPC then CPM if you can.

If you already have a page for Pakistan: it is in Arabic or English? --should be Arabic I would think. Then try EG, SA etc ...
Thank you for your patience as a rookie I will try again, according to the suggestion you gave, is it too difficult to submit the pin, should I change it?

1.2.3.0/18 that is a CIDR
1685466576280.png

16,382 IPs ISPs (carriers in this case) assign an ip to a users from the CIDR blocks that they own.
so if the ad network can sort by CIDR --use that. /24/20/18/12 are common block sizes

You will need to use a tracker to get the IPs of the traffic that YOU RECEIVE.
ad network -> tracker ->your landing page (or direct to offer LP)

1,Arnes,NO,109.189.101.44,ti0018q160-0549.bb.online.no <hostname
Pakistan is an issue for reason that all I checked are proxy IP from hosts in other countries. That may be your problem --not sure.
Get a list of the IP's (NOT CIDR) and i can check some --see if they are legit or not indentified as GEO PK carrier IPs.
You could use a list of NL carriers that should be a clean list.

Look for more fertile fields --meaning: people with more money to spend on discretionary spending.

India or the Gulf countries maybe; if you want to steer away from tier1 markets.
Eastern Europe may be good too if you have landing pages and ad copy to use in the native lingo ...

Follow your lead, my captain! wish you all green

060104.PNG

This is a soi character payout $2 in the Netherlands I made two pre-landings and the text is in Dutch

Both computers and mobile phones are supported, but I only choose mobile phones and 3G
Looking at the current situation, there should be no conversion. I don’t know where the problem is, and I don’t know how to modify it.

Try NL, ES, carriers will be 4G and 5G not wireless or desktop. PK is cheap traffic for a reason.

What languages does the offer have landing pages for?

I started to plan to select only these ips in the tracking, but I found that there were converted ips, but they were not in these areas, so I was at a loss.
define 'the tracking'
I used the free tracking maxconv
This is ONLY for postbacks from conversions so...

filled-traffic-source-2b14531b9ab59c14e54ec1cd04aa1965.png

They hide the IP that is why I use my server logs. I think it is considered PII (personally identifying information) by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)

Your server logs tell the truth --every request header has the IP in the request header, so the server knows the IP address (location) to send the response (reply) data to. Think of this as the sender of the email --if you reply, you mail server relays to the sender's mail server address. (theoretically).

Bottom line: set up the ad network's tokens to align with tokens 4,5, 8 and 9 of the tracker 'template' for a postba. That is the best you are going to do probably.

Buy carrier CPC --is that available? You may be better of to pay CPC then CPM if you can.

If you already have a page for Pakistan: it is in Arabic or English? --should be Arabic I would think. Then try EG, SA etc ...

060201.PNG
060202.PNG

investigating the IPs ? I don't know how to operate it, please forgive my ignorance and superficiality

the suggestion you gave, is it too difficult to submit the pin, should I change it?

Look for more fertile fields --meaning: people with more money to spend on discretionary spending.

India or the Gulf countries maybe; if you want to steer away from tier1 markets.
Eastern Europe may be good too if you have landing pages and ad copy to use in the native lingo ...

My understanding is that I need to analyze the authenticity of the data from the perspective of user IP
this my campaign url
23060205.PNG

The pre-landing deployment solution I use is guithub+netlify. I found detailed IP data in Maxconv’s Click Date. Can you help me analyze it?

Attachments

• maxconv-clickdata_2023-06-01 00_00-2023-06-01 00_00_1502.rar
    8.4 KB · Views: 15

Graybeard teacher:I started my campaign again, place is NG, sweepstakes, pin submission, I followed your guide, used adscore,The first conversion appeared soon, but then I found that the data was too different, and I had to suspend my campaign again, can you give me some advice.​

a1.PNG
a2.PNG
a3.PNG
a4.PNG

I had pretty good CTR on push ads I translated with this --I reversed the tag line back to English with other translators.
ChatGPT works fast too :D
1685547088274.png

soi or doi will be easier to convert as no payment is required --the low payout amounts may be an issue but try that and see.

NG mean Nigeria I just don't understand the gap between my propellerads clicks and tracked clicks is too big,

what should i do about this

I am using push
Now the clicks displayed on my propellerads: 204
maxconv clicks: 73
gg clicks:25 unique:16
The gg data is the offer page, so don’t have to think about it, but the pro data and tracking data are all pre-landing clicks, and there may be a 20% error, but the current gap is already more than 60%, and the data difference is too big , overwhelmed me

MI
Back