The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Looking for ways to activate our publishers!!!

Reginana

affiliate
Greetings everyone! I am managing an affiliate program on Shareasale. Lately, we've noticed that the publishers promoting our products lack consistency. There are months where they generate considerable sales, but suddenly, without any heads up, they stop producing any sales and become unresponsive to our emails. Hence, we are seeking advice or strategies to maintain the activity and responsiveness of our publishers. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch! \\"::"//

Why are they stopping?

There is some issue --my guess would be it's their return on their expenses and efforts.

If someone profits in their efforts they will continue sending traffic into some funnel that would reach you --when they stop they are sending you a message.

Have you contacted them? Preferably, by email followed up with a phone call?

Hello Reginana,

as an affiliate manager myself, there are so many possible reasons for sources to go cold. Let me list some here that I encountered relatively often:
  • Ad account bans or suspensions - Even without any malicious intent by the sources, algorithms on some platforms, like Facebook, are very trigger-happy. Appealing these decisions takes time and a new account is often necessary.
    • Solution: Wait. They are most likely already doing what they can.
  • Cash flow issues - Some sources might not be willing to share this information with you, but you can always try to ask.
    • Solution: Offer pre-payment, if you trust them.
  • You have been upstaged - by someone with a better offer in terms of payout, user flow, etc.
    • Solution 1: Ask about the competitor's campaigns and outbid them.
    • Solution 2: Keep track of their placements. You can use spy tools or just pay attention while browsing the web. Note where you find your own links and revisit the site to see what other campaigns might be competing with yours.
In general, keep in consistent, but non-intrusive contact with them over messaging apps, not just e-mail. Consider a video meeting every once in a while. Congratulate them on special occasions.

Why are they stopping?

There is some issue --my guess would be it's their return on their expenses and efforts.

If someone profits in their efforts they will continue sending traffic into some funnel that would reach you --when they stop they are sending you a message.

Have you contacted them? Preferably, by email followed up with a phone call?
Hi Graybeard, thanks for your reply! I guess maybe they did not benefit from our program so they prioritize on other work.

Currently we only collab on a CPA base, that is we share a certain percentage of sales with them. It is good for the merchant, but publishers is really hard to benefit from it. Thus, our main publishers are Subnetwork, coupon/cashback/loyalty websites, social media influencers, and paid search affiliates, We've set the gradient commission structure, increase the commission for them usually and offer exclusive coupon sometimes.
Are these all we can do? there may be something else, I am not able to move.

I also want to stand in the Publisher's shoes to know how to do to achieve mutual beneficial.

But the contact is really a problem. Only 1 out of 20 reply to our email. Maybe we should make a phone call or a video meeting every once in a while.

Hello Reginana,

as an affiliate manager myself, there are so many possible reasons for sources to go cold. Let me list some here that I encountered relatively often:
  • Ad account bans or suspensions - Even without any malicious intent by the sources, algorithms on some platforms, like Facebook, are very trigger-happy. Appealing these decisions takes time and a new account is often necessary.
    • Solution: Wait. They are most likely already doing what they can.
  • Cash flow issues- Some sources might not be willing to share this information with you, but you can always try to ask.
    • Solution: Offer pre-payment, if you trust them.
  • You have been upstaged - by someone with a better offer in terms of payout, user flow, etc.
    • Solution 1: Ask about the competitor's campaigns and outbid them.
    • Solution 2: Keep track of their placements. You can use spy tools or just pay attention while browsing the web. Note where you find your own links and revisit the site to see what other campaigns might be competing with yours.
In general, keep in consistent, but non-intrusive contact with them over messaging apps, not just e-mail. Consider a video meeting every once in a while. Congratulate them on special occasions.
Hello,

Thanks for your professional advice! That really make sense.

Timely contact is really important, so we can know better their concerns. Now we only contact via emails. maybe we can prepare a video meeting in the coming month and gather their messaging apps to tighten our association. However, maybe only few of them will attend the meeting. And I am not sure what the meeting theme should be, maybe Monthly performance feedback and see if they need any help so we can make some adjustment?

We are always thinking that we should stand in the Publisher's shoes to know how to do to achieve mutual beneficial.
Also, the only thing that can stimulate the publishers is commission, limited fixed fee, bonus, there is no more. So the only way is to Offer publishers help in promotional materials and funds?

We collab on a CPA base on Shareasale, that is we share a certain percentage of sales with publishers. It is good for the merchant, but publishers is really hard to benefit from it. Thus, our main publishers are Subnetwork, coupon/cashback/loyalty websites, social media influencers, and paid search affiliates, Stimulating the existing publishers and expanding different kinds of publishers is our next step, but it seems difficult.
We've set the gradient commission structure, increase the commission for them usually and offer exclusive coupon sometimes. Are these all we can do? there may be something else, I am not able to move.

Affiliate that are "Influencers" are always going to look after their own revenues.
1708752622411.png

They just pump what they can from their audience and then look for greener pastures --wouldn't you do the same if you were in their positions? You need to offer them valid new product segments that they can market.

To maintain the activity and responsiveness of your publishers on ShareASale, consider implementing regular communication schedules, providing performance incentives, and offering exclusive deals or bonuses for top-performing affiliates. Additionally, seek feedback from your publishers to understand their challenges and preferences better, and strive to address any issues promptly to foster a positive and collaborative partnership.

banners
Back