The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

looking for some advice/feedback

Robocop

affiliate
I’m looking for some advice/feedback on ableize.com I have spent many many an hour over the last few weeks fully optimising all the internal cats and some serious link building and now getting some great results, this now gives me a problem.

My front page is starting to get cramped in the featured link section (right) if I add anymore it starts to place a big ugly gap at the bottom, I am going to reduce the text size slightly and change the colour (possible blue to match the sub cat text but this only delays the problem.

One solution is to change the template but that’s at the last resort as ive have this one customised twice and the problems it causes are best avoided, second solution is to limit the amount of featured links that show at one time but that wont please the clients, third option is to do away with the news but that’s part of the sites feature and there as a sort of carrot.

The site has recently become part of the elite www virtual library (temporary PR9 and about 11 permanent PR 8’s in total :D so my problem will only get worse. :(

Any ideas? :confused:

You have brilliantly identified the options you have, you just have to bite the bullet and go for the lesser of the three 'evils'
I would say, giving that you directory has been growing in leaps and bounds... splash out and have a unique template made for you, theby kill two birds with one stop;
- A unique look for your directory
- The crammed homepage problem sorted.

Good luck

Thanks very much for your comments Temi.
I gave this a great deal of thought (reason for the long delay in answering) and will be going with your suggestion of a new template, its what the site now needs.

The current temp did its job in getting good serps across the board, backlinks are high in volume and quality and its getting between 500-700 unique visitors per day. so now its time for the next step by grabbing the punters eye and getting them to part with more dosh by making the site pleasing to the eye and a pleasure to use and of course more professional in its looks.

I'm working away all next week so will get onto it when I return, will keep you posted. ;)

MI
Back