The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking for advice

jpb1958

Hi everyone
A few months ago I started on the 30 day challenge and got a wordpress site up and running. I am quite new to all this so it was a steep learning curve.
After the challenge I wasnt sure what to do next because the site wasn't getting the visitor numbers and according to the training I should look at something else to promote.
A few weeks ago I had another look at the site and realised that what I was writing wasn't reflected properly for the product I was promoting...no wonder there were no sales.
I want to totally re-write the blog but to do this I need to find the right affiliates. I have 'googled' this, but I am finding the same sites keep turning up. I have signed up for 'paydotcom' and 'shareasale', but I am not finding the affiliates I need.
What is the best way to go looking for affiliates.
My niche is gardening based.

one of the best ways of getting affiliates to sell your product is to join clickbank as a publisher - put your product up and offer a better than 50% commission for affiliates. They will find you on clickbank.

Hi Dave1
Thanks for your reply. I havn't explained myself properly...my site is about gardening and I wish to promote a specific niche. Therefore I am looking for suppliers who have what I need so I can promote their products, therebye hopefully getting commissions on sales.
I guess what I need would be a list of gardening affiliates that I could look at and decide from there. As I said, when I 'google' my niche and type 'keywordaffiliates', I keep getting the same websites, and these are mostly blogs or non affiliate sites.

I think I need to state what my niche is so that you can see what I mean but I'm not sure if I want to do this at the moment.

jpb1958, the confusion is because you are using the wrong term.

You are an affiliate. You are looking for merchants or affiliate programs. For example, Commission Junction (CJ) has a number of gardening affiliate programs.

The merchant is the one who has the product. The affiliate is the one who gets the commission for helping the merchant make the sale, speaking in very general terms.

Merchants have affiliate programs and they are the ones who want affiliates.

Affiliates look for merchants in order to have something for which they can earn a commission.

Hi jpb1958,

Sorry I missed this post earlier. I think you just need to tweak the way you are searching.
Try searching for: keyword "affiliate program" or "keyword affiliate program"

"Keyword affiliates" would pull up affiliates, not merchants or affiliate programs.

You could also join CJ or Google Affiliate Network who each have hundreds of programs, many with thousands of products. Once you've joined you can do a keyword search within the network.

OH and don't reveal your niche on a forum ever. You don't know who could be lurking
or how many would jump on it if it's really a good one.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Hi everyone...me again.
Well I did as suggested and I have already had a reply to an email I sent:D

The problem now is that the merchant I received the e-mail from is affiliated with the Google Affilliate Network.

Some time ago I tried to sign up to it but my application was declined :eek:

I must admit, I wasn't too fussed because I had enough going on trying to learn this 'affiliate stuff', and I thought I would look into it at a later date.

I tried to gain access to the merchant tonight and I am still being denied.

I only have the one wordpress blog and the subject is about gardening.....hardly something to cause a stir...so I dont think that my site is the issue.

I have no idea why I am being denied..my best guess is that I filled the application form in incorrectly :(

In any case, I need to sort this out, so does anyone know where I need to go?

Here are the guidelines, review to be sure you complied with all the right info. Part of the reason they deny apps is due to rampant affiliate fraud so if there is anything that does not match up like your email does not match your site they can turn you down.

Have you expanded your site and has it been awhile since you applied? If it looked 'under construction' or was possibly down when they checked they could deny due to that. I'd try applying again be sure to use your domain email address.

Hi Linda
Thanks for the reply...

Domain e-mail address??

I wasn't aware that there was one. I have only ever used my own gmail addy. I have looked on my site and can't find a domain e-mail at all. I havn't set one up so unless wordpress blogs have a default style of email, then there isn't one.

I have only followed the teachings in the 30 day challenge.

I looked up my site via 'whois' and the only addy there is my gmail one.

Getting confused now.....:confused:

Hi,

Have you forwarded your blog to a hosting site?
If so, then most probably, you have the advantage of creating a custom email address.. set it up and try to use it in your application, it might help as what Linda had told us..

MI
Back