The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Link YT videos to blog posting

Is it okay to link YouTube videos from other subject matter experts to my blog postings (if relevant)? I only plan on doing this occasionally and plan on obtaining clearance from the content creator (if necessary).

The issue I have with linking YT videos is that YT is very good at retaining it's visitors. Even if the video's embedded the chances are your visitor will be presented with something that takes them away from your site and onto YT.

The issue I have with linking YT videos is that YT is very good at retaining it's visitors. Even if the video's embedded the chances are your visitor will be presented with something that takes them away from your site and onto YT.
I didn't think about that and I want my audience to engage with my site as much as possible. Do you provide any links to outside sources at all on your sites (with the exception of the affiliate sites of course)?

I do have outbound links, but only really if I credit a source of information, or a link exchange. I wouldn't specifically write a paragrapgh directing a visitor towards a link that could potentially take them off to another site that Im not affiliated with.

I do have outbound links, but only really if I credit a source of information, or a link exchange. I wouldn't specifically write a paragrapgh directing a visitor towards a link that could potentially take them off to another site that Im not affiliated with.
Got it. Makes sense thanks!

MI
Back