The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Link Value

espmartin

affiliate
Don't let the Google smack down fool you, relevant links will be considered
just as important as they were. The key is relevance.

For example, if I wrote an article on my web design sites about a change in
the graphical design of it, and I linked ot your graphics design website
within that related content, there is no question as to the relevance - and
hence - a great link value.

The problem arises when people sell links solely for PR, irregardless of the
"irrelevant pages" they link from and to.

To take that first point a step further, I'd like to add that a text link
from the example aboves navigation area would also be a great link value,
and not just valued from the content.

Thanks for that example espmartin, the most important thing when you are buying or doing link exchange is to buy link or exchange link from a relevant site and not just any site with high PR. The link page must be relevant to your own site for the link to be value.
Cheers

The link page must be relevant to your own site for the link to be value.

If had a site about say mobile phones, and I submitted to the mobile phone category in a large directory covering everything under the sun, would that still be classed as relevant?

Yes Robin, link from the relevant category in the general directory will be ok, but it will have a lot less value than a link from the site dedicated to mobile technology.

interesting topic, OK I have a question ?

On my business directory listings with a website that wish to link back to my site are encouraged to link directly to their own listing and not the site in general. Hoping this is a more relevant link.

Am I doing right guys ?

Mike :)

how about mine. in my directory example www . domain . com/directory/ i will list a site so long as they linkback to www . domain . com

any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
In some ways, relevance is good for reputation and traffic of course. Quality links are the key factor to increase your rank to be specific your PR.

MI
Back