The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Link building tricks

temi

affiliate
Are there any "legitimate" ways of increasing link popularity other than the boring old ways such as link exchange and web directory submission?

ABSOLUTELY there are. The first and easiest way to get backlinks is to build a great resource site and get the word out. people will link back to it. My rugby forum is a clear example of this with people linking to it from loads of places. OK maybe the PR is crap, but If I wanted a high PR I would pay $50-100 a month for a PR8 backlink and forget about link building and get get on with working on the site.

I think Temi, that it is important we separate the reason for link building here. there are normally 2 reasons:-

1. for traffic
2. for PR mongoring.

If #2 is your goal, then save yourself a shedload of time, get your site submitted to as many directories as possible, and BUY your PR, either through rented space, or permanent links on directories. You can then concentrate on your site.

if #1 is your goal however, then it is not that easy :( Linking for PR is a walk in the park, and if I wanted a pr 6 at the next update, I could put that in place in under an hour, possibly even a PR7. Linking for traffic is MUCH harder though. mainly because there are so many variables that can affect your end goal being achieved.

The best ways to link for traffic are in fact.
a) directory submissions, the more niche the better
b) link exchanging with on topic sites, but get the link exchange done properly, and not hidden away on link pages.
c) and this is probably the easiest, article writing.

I have been writing articles for years, and never realised it :)many of my posts (like this one) are informative and helpful to people, and as a result, they click through the signature links to one of my sites. I should add that I do not post on forums to achieve this, I post on forums as I really do enjoy sharing information with others. But articles and QUALITY forum posts will help drive traffic to your site. Joining a forum and posting 'me too' , well said' 'I agree' type posts will do nothing for you.

I will say though that if you run a website, then you should be knowledgable about the subject, and, if this is the case, you should be able to write about it also.

Excellent and detailed information as ever, thanks for the explanation OWG. My goal is for both reasons really, but more the former than the later because when you build good quality traffic links, PR follows naturally and automatically. I have been offered link on very high PR site with barely any traffic and when you buy link from so called authority site, they are usually so cluttered that you link will not generate any traffic.

Like I said earlier, I am currently in the market to generate links both for traffic and PR any one with link for sale on a high PR site let me know.

Link Baiting is a general term meant to mean you produce a page that people will naturally link to. This is ideal but it requires a LOT of thought to get it right.

My rugby forum attracts natural links all the time (I know from my web logs) ANY god resource is linkbait.

I love it that google though "yeah, a site with lots of links has to be good. no way a spam site" and low and behold the stes that do best at link building and PR are usually spam sites. hell, a spammer can knock out 100 linekd websites a day. I'm struggling to get a few measly links.

just google gettin it wrong again...

hi,
if you are trying to get traffic then you should have link every where in a fare manner. your site should be depicted on top keywords .

to get traffic 1) write articles and submit those articles in article directories
2) particiapte in bloggers with keyword rich content
3) participate in news sites
4) try to give good topic in forums

Oldwelshguy, thanks for your reply, please correct me, I dont think it is considered "naturally" to link with as linkbaiting is something to create sensation among people to link with.

Linkbaiting is a general term which means to create a bait on your site that people will link to. It could be nude pics of some celeb, a flash game or some girl on my tube talking to her webcam about a breakup with her boyfriend.

Bait and switch is the tactic where after link baiting you switch the content (as per many SEO contests). bait and switch can also apply to directory submissions where you submit one site, then switch the content once you have built up sufficient backlinks.

temi said:
Are there any "legitimate" ways of increasing link popularity other than the boring old ways such as link exchange and web directory submission?

a good way to buildecomatrix.eu/Articles/Internet/Buying-one-way-links-.html one way links [/URL] is to write a web script for free and put the anchor text link in the footer and let people use it for fREE as long as they have the linkback on their website

Hi,
I would like to know about the new web development techniques, which I want to implement to our site. We ve to redesign our site with more effective way and increase the visibility. We ve the idea to exchange the link between other sites with minimum PR2 and how can we increase our PR with very short time. What all are the new techniques we can apply here, any idea about this share with us too...

Regards,

aside from directories, link exchange, forum sigs & website reviews, article submissions, signing guestbooks and other spam, my favourite popularity builder is to create an awards programme. make a beautiful graphical image to present to great websites, on condition that they link back to your site for verification that they've won. many people will be happy to display your beautiful award on their site!

Only small sites and inexperience webmasters will fall for that though, more experienced webmasters will not buy it, especially the link back type.

I have had an awful lots of awards like that in the past, I even had one send a certificate to me via DHL from the stats saying my site has won such and such awards but its great idea though :)

yep, i've got a friend who's won some of the world's top awards, very stunning graphics n all that....

btw - check out some of the shizzle that DMOZ.org have on their awards page: dmoz.org/awards/

*lol

I would have thought they would have used no follow attribute, but they havent!

banners
Back