The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Less Clicks More SEO Now?

Graybeard

Google: Click Depth Matters More for SEO than URL Structure - Search Engine Journal

Sounds to me like more ELGOOG nonsense :p However, things do change and the limited ability mobile user must ... did you know 1/3 to 1/2 the clicks on a touchpad are errors? :confused: Oops!

QUOTE >>>What does matter is how many clicks it takes to get to a page from the home page.

If it takes one click to get to a page from the home page, then Google would consider the page more important. Therefore it would be given more weight in search results.

On the other hand, Google would see a page as being less important if it takes several clicks to visit after landing on the site’s home page.

So the key takeaway for site owners is: if you want a particular page to rank better than others, make sure it’s easy to get to from the home page. <<</QUOTE

I didn't even read the article. After I stopped sighing and rolling my eyes, my first thought was, "For how long this time before they change it?"

did you know 1/3 to 1/2 the clicks on a touchpad are errors?

Nope, I didn't. But that may explain why I've had mobile campaigns with a lot of bounced clicks.

So the key takeaway for site owners is: if you want a particular page to rank better than others, make sure it’s easy to get to from the home page.

Well, at least that's not too difficult.

banners
Back